Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

EVO Front Coilover Bolt on Kit????

Old 03-01-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO Front Coilover Bolt on Kit????

Is anyone on here running EVOs front bolt on Coilover system. I am very interested in running it. I can weld the weld on kit but I would rather go with the bolt on kit at this point. If anyone has any info on it please let me know. Thank You...
Old 03-01-2010, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Last week i ordered the Alpha 1 from Outlaw offroad.It should be here this week.I really like than i don't have to cut the factory buckets off. Just in case the elusive diesel ever materializes.I can just take them off and move them.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

with the Alpha 1 kit do you have to weld on the the bottom portion to be welded on or what
Old 03-01-2010, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

nope its all bolt on, but if I had to do it over which I am now i would go with weld on.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
nope its all bolt on, but if I had to do it over which I am now i would go with weld on.
care to elaborate?

-shaun h
Old 03-02-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by awdspider
care to elaborate?

-shaun h

I'd like to know as well...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well for one I hate drilling holes, two some of the holes were really hard to get to and drill, and three I could have welded on the brackets twice as fast as it took to bolt it up. Thats just me. I'm redoing my coilover mounts with some custom ones that will mount on top of the axle instead of behind and also have a slight rake in them. just my .02
Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now i'm not putting down the coilover kit at all it was very well made and it did great, I'm just ready for a change and like changing things up.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RokinRubi
Well for one I hate drilling holes, two some of the holes were really hard to get to and drill, and three I could have welded on the brackets twice as fast as it took to bolt it up. Thats just me. I'm redoing my coilover mounts with some custom ones that will mount on top of the axle instead of behind and also have a slight rake in them. just my .02
Makes sense. Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

I'm not positive, but I think you still have to cut out the stock suspension with the evo bolt on kit. That really is what takes the time. The weld on wasn't that bad to do, just took some time to cut and grind the stock stuff off. The EVO mounts are pretty straight forward as to where you need to put them for welding. ORE says that they don't sell many of the bolt on kits. I haven't done much of this kind of work on my vehicles in the past, but it wasn't that hard to do myself.

If you can weld, go with the weld in kit.

Quick Reply: EVO Front Coilover Bolt on Kit????