Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

EVO Enforcer kit... Whats the deal?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO Enforcer kit... Whats the deal?

Hello folks... I recently installed the Evo enforcer kit and am running it with 17x9 rugged ridge with 4.25 back spacing and 37" cooper stt.

First thing i was having rubbing issues on the front stock bumper like mad... so i changed the bumper and put the ARB and no rubbing up front now. but front tires rub the control arms at almost three quarter turn especially when backing up. to solve this im gonna run some 1.5" spacers and see... even tho i really dont wanna run spacers. Other than that... if im offroading riding on sand or bumpy road, the rear tires rub inside the fender when the suspension compresses :s :/ dunno what to do to that!

Now heres the major problem i think... as u can see in the pics... i drove the Jeep up this little tiny ramp and the rear tire hit the fender.. im not planning on flat fenders as i wanna keep the stockers. Is this normal??

Anyone here running this kit? when i ordered it theres an option to specify if you are running 35 or 37" so i specified 37" and still have all these issues... whats the deal?

I basically this was gonna be bolt and go! not change out and add bunch of other parts... i think im not such a happy camper so far with this... am i trippin??

Maybe if someone from Offroad Evolution can chime in thatll be great.

Zane...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG02799-20110113-1134.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	120219   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG02797-20110113-1133.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	120220   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG02800-20110113-1134.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	120221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG02798-20110113-1134.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	120222  
Old 01-22-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Why dont you call OFFROAD EVO. Or check your warranty. Then run RockKrawler stuff.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

I know you said you were running 37s but what is the width of the tires. If they are 37x12.50 then it maybe the backspacing on your wheels. You stated that they have 4.25 backspacing (this may have been a typo) and most 17x9s for the JK have a 5.00 inches backspacing. Which would push the wheels away from the body causing the tire to contact the fender flare when articulating.

As far as the tires rubbing the lower control arms. I would contact EVO first. You may have to adjust the steering stop on the backside of the spindle. There is a write up just do a search in the Write up section. This may help but I cannot really advise without seeing it. Post some pictures of the lower control arms with the tires turned left and right so everyone can get a look. Also EVO will be able to see also and help you out.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may also have the control arms in backwards. They have a bend in them. They need to look like this: > < The points need to point in toward the engine, that way the tire will go into the bend. Does this make sence?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Millerman999
Why dont you call OFFROAD EVO. Or check your warranty. Then run RockKrawler stuff.
Nothing rock krawler will fix his issues with tire rub, except taller springs. This isn't a name brand issue. Evo stuff is top notch.

To the op, what size springs are they? 2.5"? 4? Not sure how many spring sizes Evo makes. Did you install the bumpstop extensions? As mentioned earlier make sure the control arms are installed with the bends going inboard.

Last edited by highoctane; 01-22-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Did you order the Evo Enforcer for the 35" or 37" clearance package?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
Did you order the Evo Enforcer for the 35" or 37" clearance package?
I just read above that he specified 37" tires when he ordered.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to run the stock fenders without trimming, you may want to do a 1in body lift.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey fellaz... I did specify when ordering the kit that im running 37" tires. The tires are 37x12.5.
Im really not sure what the back spacing on those rugged ridge wheels is but this wheel supposedly is made for the JK. and from what i remember i read somewhere that it was 4.25 I think when i install the wheel spacer the control arm rubbing issue will be solved but the tire hitting the fender in the back while articulated will still be there.

I definitely dont wanna run any body lift... Maybe a spring spacer of some sort.

The control arms are installed correctly pointing inwards.

Thanx for the reply fellaz..
Old 01-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZaneJK
Hey fellaz... I did specify when ordering the kit that im running 37" tires. The tires are 37x12.5.
Im really not sure what the back spacing on those rugged ridge wheels is but this wheel supposedly is made for the JK. and from what i remember i read somewhere that it was 4.25 I think when i install the wheel spacer the control arm rubbing issue will be solved but the tire hitting the fender in the back while articulated will still be there.

I definitely don't wanna run any body lift... Maybe a spring spacer of some sort.

The control arms are installed correctly pointing inwards.

Thanx for the reply fellaz..

Zane
I personally spoke with you on the phone 2 weeks ago about your fender rubbing concern
I did explain that you received Bump stops for maximum up travel since the area you were wheeling was mainly fast open desert not a lot of rock crawling ...I did offer at that point that we could send you out the bump stop to eliminate fender rubbing if that was a major concern of your , The Trend here in the States has been Keeping it Low and Still allowing Up travel this Sometime requires Different fenders or some trimming..Not any thing new Or a SECRET Just very popular

As far as rubbing control arms Sounds strange? possibly trac bar relocation brackets may have not chosen as part of the System? If they are not I would recommend installing them.
Mel

Last edited by Evolution; 01-23-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: EVO Enforcer kit... Whats the deal?