Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Evo Corners and Genright Carrier

Old 03-22-2014, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo Corners and Genright Carrier

Put both of these on yesterday. Took about 12 hours total, a few of those with a 2nd helper.

Corners - Beefy as hell. I used about 4 vice grips, a c clamp, and ratchet straps to get them to fit the body as best as I could. Easier with 2 people.
Drill the holes while corner was in, then took the corner off and opened up the holes with a 25/64 bit.Used a nutsert tool I got from grainer, westward ut5 something. Best move I made. Installing the nutserts was the easiest part.

For the taillights, I used a grinder to take off a crap ton of metal from the body so that there would be enough space for the lights.

Carrier - Beefy as hell also. Pretty straightforward install after watching the videos on youtube. One of the pins opened up while in the bushing, so I had to cut it in order to get it out. I think while grinding it I deformed the metal on the top driver side latch plate, so my top part really isn't lining up properly ( still need to do the adjustment bolt on the passenger side).

Thanks to a member here on the forum jkd3624, I knew I was going to have to cut the genright latch plate a little in order to clear the taillight.

Still need to do my 3rd brakelight/taillight and reverse lights. I have 2.5 poison spyder led reverse lights, but I honestly do not know how I am going to cut a hole in the corners.

A few of the nut serts got out of whack since I didn't have the corner properly clamped to the body during the install after painting. I may have to cut them and just forget about them. Will probably paint the screws black, I thought id like the color contrast but idk.....

Will post more details and pics if anyone is interested.... Waiting on repainting my rear bumper before it goes on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	K58leJh.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	749.6 KB
ID:	679913

Name:	nUuzfQg.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	658.4 KB
ID:	679914

Name:	1Jn2YVe.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	713.9 KB
ID:	679915

Last edited by loserhead4236; 03-22-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Side pic...

Name:	nJKBywa.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	735.2 KB
ID:	679912
Old 03-22-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Turned out awesome! I can only dream one day maybe my jeep will get that far
Old 03-23-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

37" tires ????
Old 03-23-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon85
Turned out awesome! I can only dream one day maybe my jeep will get that far
These corner guards are cheaper ones on the market and very beefy. Would strongly recommend full corner minus tire carrier is under 400

Quick Reply: Evo Corners and Genright Carrier