Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

EVO Coilover Question?

Old 01-28-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVO Coilover Question?

I am very interested in putting a set of Off Road Evolution Coilovers up front with their EvoLever out rear.

I was wondering if anyone has done this kit in "bolt-on" form and how difficult it is to install?

Also, I was thinking of doing the rear setup first to improve the ride quality because I can disconnect the front sway bar and get good flex and smooth ride up front but the rear is pretty sucky "as-is". Is this a crazzy idea to do the rear first while I save for the fronts?

I can't find a write-up anywhere on this setup done by someone. I have found tons of threads where EVO has installed them for people. To be honest, i would LOVE to have them install mine front and rear but I live in Colorado and California is very long drive for me to get this done (and I would like it before EJS)...

Anyway, if everyone could provide me with information I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen at least one JK at ORE with just the EVOlever installed. However, most of your handling, ride, steering and flex needs are up front, so you may want to think about your strategy.

I would call Mel at ORE and discuss what you want to do and he will give you the best advice possible including anything to with the installation of his products or others.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

The front is weld on only.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rcdude3
The front is weld on only.
Their website lists there being a weld on and a bolt on version, but Mel did mention that something like 95% of people went with the weld on system.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are some great reviews on EVO coilovers and the lever-action rear. Great stuff for those considering doing it on their own. There are others that have concern the rear springs are too close together to be effective, but reviews continue to be positive. Another manufacturer, if you want to step it up a notch, is Alpha Extreme.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

I just installed the fronts myself. It wasn't that bad. I did use the weld on kit. Mel told me that lining them up to weld was pretty easy and it was. Hardest part was cutting off the brackets from the stock stuff. Be sure to have a plasma cutter. I started to use a grinder, cut off wheel, etc on the first side since my plasma wouldn't reach to where the lift was.....after about 2 hours of hand numbing work, I added an 220v outlet to the other side of the shop and used the plasma cutter.....plasma cutter is highly recommended!!

Quick Reply: EVO Coilover Question?