Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Evo 4" Long arm on 37s flexed!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wecf
I've posted this too many times but one more poser pic won't kill her. Currie 4", GenRight Alu fenders, 37" MTR's.
Is that a long arm kit? Do u need a long arm kit w/ 37's??? I have a 4" short arm and cruising up to 37' soon.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DONKEY-PUNCH

Is that a long arm kit? Do u need a long arm kit w/ 37's??? I have a 4" short arm and cruising up to 37' soon.
Search planman and you will find lots of great stuff .
Old 11-10-2011, 11:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kungfucracka
Hey how much reinforcing did you do before or after you put the 37's on? I have 35's now but you know how that goes I'm eyeballing a set of 37's any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
LCA skids, sleeved and gusseted, Teraflex big brake kit.

Originally Posted by DONKEY-PUNCH
It's just a "normal" arm kit (there is NO SUCH THING as a "short arm" kit for a JK). Long arm kits are not necessary on a JK. A long arm will give you a SLIGHTLY better ride on road, and if your a go fast person it will help with going fast off-road. If your a rock crawler the benefits aren't very much, decreases break over angle, weaker control arms. If you have a Quality 4" kit you will be just fine.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wecf

LCA skids, sleeved and gusseted, Teraflex big brake kit.

It's just a "normal" arm kit (there is NO SUCH THING as a "short arm" kit for a JK). Long arm kits are not necessary on a JK. A long arm will give you a SLIGHTLY better ride on road, and if your a go fast person it will help with going fast off-road. If your a rock crawler the benefits aren't very much, decreases break over angle, weaker control arms. If you have a Quality 4" kit you will be just fine.
Thanks for the help I'm saving up a secret piggy bank from the wife lol.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you guys!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RubiBus
I'm running the RK 2.5" Stock Mod and 37x12.50-17 Trail Grapplers. I get plenty of flex out of mine. Trimmed the rear pinch seams and 3" off the back end of the Rubi rails. I currently haven't added any bumpstop in the rear, so my rear flexes too much, getting the tires into the pinch seams.

This is the only flex pic I have currently and it was the day I got my wheels & tires installed, so forgive the shitty cell pic. I tried to Photoshop it some to make it look better, but there's only so much you can do.

The passenger rear wheel is into the pinch seam in this pic. Also makes contact with the factory rear bumper a bit. Again, should be able to cure both issues with some bumpstop. Still have plenty of room to go in the front.

Edit: And the only reinforcement I've done thus far on the front axle is TeraFlex c-gussets.

RK 2.5" Stock Mod? Forgive me I R still NOOB. This is my first jeep as well .

Any more pics anybody? 4" Long arm on 37's flexed?

Quick Reply: Evo 4" Long arm on 37s flexed!