Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

EVO 12" Front coilovers, Teraflex LA kit, Teraflex high steer kit & Teraflex 4" coils

Old 04-20-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
Nice rig Bro!!!!!

I am jealous!!

Red
Thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Somehow I made it up this ledge.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by asjackman
Somehow I made it up this ledge.

Nice pic

Good to know what my JK is capable of now Now if i could upgrade my driving skills...

BTW, what are your alignment specs?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jayrav
Nice pic

Good to know what my JK is capable of now Now if i could upgrade my driving skills...

BTW, what are your alignment specs?
I used Eddie's (WOL) write-up. The pinion is set off the drive shaft and the toe in is approximately 1/8".
Old 04-21-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I used Eddie's (WOL) write-up. The pinion is set off the drive shaft and the toe in is approximately 1/8".
OK. You have your caster at 7? At the height you are at now wouldn't that cause drivline vibes
Old 04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK. You have your caster at 7? At the height you are at now wouldn't that cause drivline vibes
I don't remember what the degrees were, but the front pinion is pointed slightly below the TC output. The rear is pointed right at the TC output. I have zero vibes, and I've taken it up to 85mph.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't remember what the degrees were, but the front pinion is pointed slightly below the TC output. The rear is pointed right at the TC output. I have zero vibes, and I've taken it up to 85mph.
I have a mild hum at 50mph which get a little louder around 65mph. I noticed this after my first trial ride with this setup. Might be the tires

My caster is at 4.7 driver 4.4 passenger. Front pinion angle doesn't look too steep. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks for the info
Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a mild hum at 50mph which get a little louder around 65mph. I noticed this after my first trial ride with this setup. Might be the tires

My caster is at 4.7 driver 4.4 passenger. Front pinion angle doesn't look too steep. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks for the info
how is your caster different on both sides of the axle? that could be your problem. Adjust your control arms.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

how is your caster different on both sides of the axle? that could be your problem. Adjust your control arms.
They are the same length eye to eye both the uppers and the lowers. I can't explain it. It wasn't humming after I drove out of the alignment shop. It started this past sunday.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Make sure you put a wrench on your suspension components to ensure they are still torqued to spec. Also what he said, make sure your caster is equal on both sides. Good luck.

Quick Reply: EVO 12" Front coilovers, Teraflex LA kit, Teraflex high steer kit & Teraflex 4" coils