Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Engine swap options

Old 05-18-2009, 06:39 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap options

I know that swapping out the JK motor for a HEMI seems to be the only choice.. To be street legal, you need to have the motor be from the same manufacturer, with the motor being the same year or newer.. Has anybody tried, or gone gone through the thought process of doing an engine swap with a Cummins diesel? It's an inline motor, and I would imagine would have smaller physical specs than a 6.1 HEMI.. I know I, and many others, would prefer a diesel over gas.. What are your thoughts on this and has anybody ever attempted or thought this process out??
Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Super Freak

i have thought about doing this from day one but i need a ton of $$$ to make it happen. once there is no modding left to do i will do some more re search into it and go ahead with the plan. might have to finance a motor though those diesel motors are not cheap by any means
Old 05-18-2009, 06:49 AM
rws
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroadme
i have thought about doing this from day one but i need a ton of $$$ to make it happen. once there is no modding left to do i will do some more re search into it and go ahead with the plan. might have to finance a motor though those diesel motors are not cheap by any means
May be able to buy one out of a totaled Ram from a scrap yard, but diesels are very pricey.. However, the longevity, torque, and hp you can get out of them is amazing and may make it a cheaper swap over time...

Quick Reply: Engine swap options