Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

easiest welding style?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
If you can dig boogers out of your nose, you can mig weld great with a little practice. Nuthin to it.
I think practice really is the key! I had no welding experience at all and after a couple hours of practice with a mig welder I was able to do this... oh, and I also had a really great teacher thanks to Mel at Off Road Evolution!

Old 07-13-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job, and you are so right about the practice. Now try a vertical weld, followed by a few horizontal ones with the material upside down over your head.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
I think practice really is the key! I had no welding experience at all and after a couple hours of practice with a mig welder I was able to do this... oh, and I also had a really great teacher thanks to Mel at Off Road Evolution!

Looks really nice. That'll be my inspiration for next weekend.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflifette

With welds like that, i bet you can harvest boogers pretty good......

corey d
Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

I'm surprised to see that nobody mentioned a JB Weld.

BTW, nice weld WOLette!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smopho
Nice job, and you are so right about the practice. Now try a vertical weld, followed by a few horizontal ones with the material upside down over your head.
Or Armor Plate. LOL I think thats that i'm going to make my bumpers out of when i get home. I actually find overhead Mig or Stick very easy once you know how to do it.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

I've wanted to learn to weld for a long time, what I like the most about the advice from everyone is "Go to School".

Many years ago I watched a retired railroad welder (40 years) cut out a round without measuring anything. I used a tape measure to check the thing. It was round, not just round but spot on 4 and a half inches.

It was magic that I can't explain.

I think I'll take a class :-)
Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath
thx for all of this advice hope fully i will learn how to mig weld next summer if i can find a place to teach
My dad is a shop teacher and he starts teaching welding with 9th graders who are usually 15 or so years old. If your highschool has and Ag. or Shop class I'd check into that. Also some traid schools around do some summer programs with highschool students or allow people still in highschool to take summer courses that will generat credit hours once you recieve you High School deploma. Probably want help out much unless your shooting to be a welder but getting credit for your work is a good feeling.

I'm in Alabama and we still have a long summer break, I konw a lot of places don't do that any more.

Quick Reply: easiest welding style?