Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Driving without doors for the 1st time

Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's the best...

A few people at work give me crap about it, but they're just jealous. A guy at a red light started yelling at me, "That's illegal!" flicked his ciggy at me and drove off, lol.

Oh well. It's still fun.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xerofall
It's the best...

A few people at work give me crap about it, but they're just jealous. A guy at a red light started yelling at me, "That's illegal!" flicked his ciggy at me and drove off, lol.

Oh well. It's still fun.
Seriously, WTF. Why are people such d-bags. Saying something is illegal (regardless if it is or not) and then braking the law themselves...
Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
JK Freak

Been going topless weather permitting since 1980.............I've never gotten over the feeling, nothing like as far as I'm concerned!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Same question - I need to decide which cover to tear out of the catalog and put on the fridge as a "suggested" fathers day gift - have seen a few good comments on the Smittybilt cover and it's a bit cheaper ($70 with the current sale/discount at 4wd). But most people seem to have the Bestop cover... any problems getting it over the rear part where the soft top is folded down?

Originally Posted by JSaghi
I niticed your trail cover, I had the same one and it works good. It fits nice and tight. How has your been wooking out?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by csemaa
Damn - what an amazing feeling. I took off my 4 doors last night around 6 PM for the 1st time EVER, went to the Gatineau park at night with my girl and then drove to work this morning. LOVE IT LOVE IT.
such a liberating feeling .....

Same here - took the doors off last night for the 1st time. Drove around for hours getting a BIG kick out of the reaction of others. LOL. I'm on a small island and no one else is doing this here at this time.

I went through a drive-through last night. Just as the kid working the window realized I had no doors I said "Yeah - I hit the speaker post back there and my door got ripped off!" He stuck his head out the window to see!

My 16-year old thinks he's king of the world driving it...

Jamie
Old 05-24-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

your 16 year old described it perfect- it is an amazing feeling specially when it is your 1st time.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

i recently went doorless for the first time, amazing! as for the floor mats, I got some sticky back velcro to secure the floor mats... they didn't budge at about 50 mph, not a flap. i didnt expect the sticky back to secure to the rug but it did.

Quick Reply: Driving without doors for the 1st time