Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Driving without doors for the 1st time

Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglemikeo
alternatively, tie them down...

drill or punch a small hole in the floormat (kinda defeats the purpose of slush mats, I know... maybe in a high point on the mat)... use a small carabiner and hook them to something secure in front of them. They may flap a bit... but not fly away
I had my doors off the other week. When I drove home that the first time on the freeway, I was holding down my slush mats. They got about 2" off the floor before I noticed them.

I like the carbiner idea. When they have to come out to clean (I know: sin ), that will be easier.

Hey, when did I become a JK Freak???
Old 05-21-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

I niticed your trail cover, I had the same one and it works good. It fits nice and tight. How has your been wooking out?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
If you have any type of aftermarket rear floor mats...take them out when you go doorless....

One of my Husky Liners mats....decided to take flying lesson's when a gust of cross wind launched it out of the Jeep and just as it happened I looked in my mirrors and a RCMP was following! He turned his lights on and pulled me over and told me I didn't see that and stated that I need to secure my floor mats or anything that may like to fly!!! Thus I now take the rear mats out now.

Dang, good advice. Would have never thought of that. If it happened to me there would be a State Trooper behind me for sure with my luck. Probably would land on their friggin hood.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the tire tread mopar ones stay in there pretty well i lost my stock carpet ones first time i took the jeep doorless on the highway. With the mopar ones just tuck the rubber part under the cup holder area of the center consol and it flaps but doesnt go anywhere.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Took my doors off for the first time today and the 'tire tread" mats held down good, no problems. It feels so free with the doors off.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

You wanna feel real freedom stick your leg a little further out the door and let that draft roll in... haha! Great on a hot summer day.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
You wanna feel real freedom stick your leg a little further out the door and let that draft roll in... haha! Great on a hot summer day.
oh

but what are the slush mats are they the molded carpets
Old 05-21-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Been there done that!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice pics, my favorite part is the dog wrapped up in the back.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Barefoot is even better
I added some pegs, much more comfortable

Quick Reply: Driving without doors for the 1st time