Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Drilled Door Handles

Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it make the handles more flexible?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Default has anybody done a Black one yet?

Its a neat and FREE mod,,,(the best kind of Mod around). And, it can't be all that hard, but I too have a black one, and wanted to know if anybody has done the black yet. It looks great with contrast behind it, but doing a Black JK, just doesn't seem worth it, unless somebody can prove me wrong by posting some pictures please...

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HokieJK
Does it make the handles more flexible?
No it doesn't
Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

I think it looks pretty sweet. Wish they made a black billett handle in that style.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Low cost & looks easy. Did anyone do anything besides eyeball, measure & punch? Any ideas or suggestions on keeping things straight and even? (Not like I don't trust myself ...)
Old 08-31-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Did this today! Love it! Just take a pencil, mark center on each end, draw a line with a straight edge, measure every inch and mark and drill. Looks Awesome!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by d8piccini
Low cost & looks easy. Did anyone do anything besides eyeball, measure & punch? Any ideas or suggestions on keeping things straight and even? (Not like I don't trust myself ...)
Originally Posted by Airforceairman
Did this today! Love it! Just take a pencil, mark center on each end, draw a line with a straight edge, measure every inch and mark and drill. Looks Awesome!
after trying my eye on the rear tailgate handle it was not to my perfection ( middle pic ). I then laid out a piece of masking tape and drew a line down the center and marked the center line at every inch. This was my template and i centered my strip between the round indentation in the door behind the handle. I then took my smallest drill bit and drilled through the center of each pencil mark. Peeled the tape off and moved it to the next handle and repeated the process. Then go back and use a 1/2" drill bit and go through each hole again......WARNING!!!! Make sure you use something behind the handle as when the drill bit reaches the end it pushes through with a good amount of force. I used a flattened pop can wrapped in cardboard and that did the trick. Free and easy mod and a great visual impact on my silver Rubi!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4953.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	221478Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4954.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	221479Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4955.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	221480
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK'RUBICON
I think it looks pretty sweet. Wish they made a black billett handle in that style.
COP4X4 makes some but they cost about $400

Quick Reply: Drilled Door Handles