Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Drilled Door Handles

Old 11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about measuring 4 holes 1" apart and starting with the hole closest to the button drilling a large hole and making my way back to a smaller hole. Or doing the same in reverse. Each hole would basically be a different bit which I think may keep the spacing roughly the same distance between holes... but not sure.

What are peoples thoughts on this? I think it might look good.

Last edited by Northern Wrangler; 11-04-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grayghost
I done mine last August and have not had any problems. Nothing has broke and they don't whisle. I have yellow an they look great. I used a heavy terrycloth towel between the handle and the metal panel, it worked great.
any pictures?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
I'm thinking about measuring 4 holes 1" apart and starting with the hole closest to the button drilling a large hole and making my way back to a smaller hole. Or doing the same in reverse. Each hole would basically be a different bit which I think may keep the spacing roughly the same distance between holes... but not sure.

I like that idea. I think to really pull it off you will need to have all the holes equally spaced, including the button, and try to scale the holes equally starting with the button so that it looks like part of the design. That may or may not work considering how big the button is, but I say go for it either way.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I vote, Why ? If it was a steel handle then maybe. It does make it look different then stock, but better.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you are going to drill the handles,do it and if you dont like it you can always make all the holes the same if you dont like them.take pictures first and post and see what other people think
Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like'm.... Been thinking about it myself
Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wmcvey
I vote, Why ? If it was a steel handle then maybe. It does make it look different then stock, but better.
WHY????......to reduce the wind resistance and reduce the weight it gets you better gas mileage DUH!!!

I think it falls into the category of "what can I do for free and that might look cool".

I might do it if I’m really bored one day cause I want my jeep to be different just like everybody else.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

I'd like to see that...I think that would look even better going from large to small while going away from the button. post pics when you do it
Old 08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody else? More pics please
Old 09-21-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

I think I've started a trend.......

Quick Reply: Drilled Door Handles