Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Drilled Door Handles

Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did mine today, It was very simple, the handle itself measures apx. 6 inches, So I started by making my horizontal line down the door handle to get it level and then marked the center vertically at 3 inches, from that center mark I measured 3/4 inches and 1 1/2 inch on each side of center. Used a Punch and made a mark then started with drilling, start small and work your way up, I think I used different size bits before I finished with 1/2. The tail gate worked the same just vertical.

I'm loving the look and I have gained 1 hp by the weight reduction!!!!!

PS. the doorhandles do hold water, as I nice stream come out for a second or 2 on both front doors.

-david

Last edited by Flyguytki; 10-16-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

I also have BLACK. I'm waiting on this mod untill I see how it looks on one. Might not be to bad.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zook
I also have BLACK. I'm waiting on this mod untill I see how it looks on one. Might not be to bad.
Might not have to wait too long...just saw this and it's my proj for today!

I'll go 1/2 with 1/2 spacing tho...
Old 10-17-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

QUOTE: "PS. the doorhandles do hold water, as I nice stream come out for a second or 2 on both front doors".

So my question is this: if the door handles hole H20,,,,,,,then are the holes that get drilled, two sided? Won't this actually attract MORE water into the now drilled holes? If that thin part on the handles is a sold one shot thru, then this might be okay, but the way you describe drilling them leaves an open area into the handle. Couldn't this actually lead to MORE rust on the skinny jeep doors?

It looks really cool, but I am concerned about opening them up. Anybody else, know what I'm talking about?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

haha that looks awesome! i might try doing it
Old 10-18-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jerseyjeepgurl
QUOTE: "PS. the doorhandles do hold water, as I nice stream come out for a second or 2 on both front doors".

So my question is this: if the door handles hole H20,,,,,,,then are the holes that get drilled, two sided? Won't this actually attract MORE water into the now drilled holes? If that thin part on the handles is a sold one shot thru, then this might be okay, but the way you describe drilling them leaves an open area into the handle. Couldn't this actually lead to MORE rust on the skinny jeep doors?

It looks really cool, but I am concerned about opening them up. Anybody else, know what I'm talking about?

I took this as he was joking about the original drilled mirrors thread...but I could be wrong. I'm almost positive that they are one piece and its a straight shot right through the handle.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

where are the pics of the black one ?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zook
where are the pics of the black one ?
looking for the same pics........ looks great on jeeps that are not black hope the black ones look good too......
Old 10-20-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Whatever floats your boat, dude.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeep junkie
i'm confused. What does this do for the handle? Do some of them hold water like the mirrors do?
............wow .............

Quick Reply: Drilled Door Handles