Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Drake Off Road - Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap - Review

Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drake Off Road - Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap - Review

Greetings JK Community!

My name is Ben and just recently I have become the very proud new owner of a 2012 Silver JK Unlimited Rubicon.

This is my first posting here on the forums and I am hoping to get a few pictures of my new JK up soon.

Until then I thought some of you may enjoy a few pictures and my thoughts on an accessory I have been very excited to get my hands on.

As a new Jeep owner, I have only just realized that investing in a Jeep means investing in a lifestyle.. and a very long list of really cool accessories! So a few days ago I completed my first order with Quadratec.

Today I received my Drake Off Road Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap. I chose this accessory primarily because I feel that its important that I have the ability to lock my fuel filler. I must say that I am very impressed with this so far. It is made from anodized billet aluminum and features a locking mechanism, which when in the locked position causes the cap to spin without releasing it from the fuel filler. Once unlocked with one of the two included keys the mechanism easily allows the cap to be removed. Around the perimeter of the cap it has been machined with a very nice pattern giving it plenty of grip. This accessory is very strong and well made. I like the fact that Drake Off Road chose to anodize this to prevent corrosion and designed it to be a tough bit of kit styled to perfectly accent the simplistic functional look of the JK. "Its just a gas cap but this thing is really nice!"

I'm going to be doing a short review of a few other accessories I just received very soon:
- Quadratec Ultimate Floor Liners (Tread Lightly)
- Mopar Taillight Guards

Ben
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0654.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	225643   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0658.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	225644   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	225645   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0646.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	225646   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	225647  

Old 10-19-2011, 07:56 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your camera's white balance off, or is that thing gold colored?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let's see some pics installed.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Reply to: BLW

Originally Posted by blw
Is your camera's white balance off, or is that thing gold colored?
Since the room was a little dark I took the photo with my iPhone using HDR. The cap is actually an extremely brilliant silver color.

Better pictures soon to come.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Reply to: CGnTtown

Originally Posted by CGnTtown
Let's see some pics installed.

Looks like there may be some nice weather coming in soon so Ill absolutely get a few pics up soon.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased one of these caps in February of this year. I'd like to think that I got a defective unit or my experience is not the norm,

but a couple of months after it being installed, I began to experience a bad seal and a gas cap warning.

I returned the cap and got another one, but a few months down the line, I began to experience similar problems.

I now replaced it with a factory locking cap (keyed to my ignition key) and haven't had any further problems.

Hopefully there is a design change or new production line to correct these problems.

(I do like the style/look of this cap)
Old 10-19-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like that is says 'fuel' otherwise I might get confused as to what goes in there.

Quick Reply: Drake Off Road - Billet Aluminum Locking Fuel Cap - Review