Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Drag link flip kit..

Old 01-23-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag link flip kit..

I wanted to start getting things up and out of the way and improve steering at the same time . I went with a Teraflex flip kit for a JK that includes a new beefed up drag link that is designed to come in from the top of the knuckle, a upper track bar brace that is beefed up and is designed to include a secondary mount for a additional frame brace that runs to the frame rail on the right side..

Time permitting I only had the chance to install the drag link, I removed the stock drag link and drilled out the knuckle with a 13/16 bit and inserted the tapered spacer that is included with the kit and installed the new drag link...

I will finish up the install during this week hopefully..

Here is a picture of the newly flipped drag link...

Old 01-23-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tuff2010
I wanted to start getting things up and out of the way and improve steering at the same time . I went with a Teraflex flip kit for a JK that includes a new beefed up drag link that is designed to come in from the top of the knuckle, a upper track bar brace that is beefed up and is designed to include a secondary mount for a additional frame brace that runs to the frame rail on the right side..

Time permitting I only had the chance to install the drag link, I removed the stock drag link and drilled out the knuckle with a 13/16 bit and inserted the tapered spacer that is included with the kit and installed the new drag link...

I will finish up the install during this week hopefully..

Here is a picture of the newly flipped drag link...

looks good how does it work can you feel the difference (no bump steer)?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Default TF Flip and Brace

I installed this about a month ago and it made a huge change in how my JK handled. It is a lot tighter and the bump steer is almost non-existant.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

Pretty big difference, not much bump steer at all, I'l be glad to finish the complete install like the post above..
Old 01-23-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

You only raised your draglink. Without changing knuckles your tie rod is still down low.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
You only raised your draglink. Without changing knuckles your tie rod is still down low.
You are correct, but it is a start.... and it improved my steering..

If there is a way to get a lower tie rod up without buying new knuckles point me in the right direction..

Last edited by Tuff2010; 01-23-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tuff2010
You are correct, but it is a start.... and it improved my steering..

If there is a way to get a lower tie rod up without buying new knuckles point me in the right direction..
Not yet that I know of, I bought the Reids.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

I know the Teraflex instructions dont really provide good detail with installing the frame brace. How did you guys go about welding that thing?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by racin444
I know the Teraflex instructions dont really provide good detail with installing the frame brace. How did you guys go about welding that thing?
I have not installed that yet, but plans are to install the brace into the drivers side and then raise it up into position onto the passenger side and mark the frame then weld it into position after prepping it for welding.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
This kit does not use new knuckles. It is designed for stock. But he only did the flip kit. To truly get the correct steering geometry, the track bar needs to be parallel to the drag link which the extended bracket at the frame side does. Unless completely installed, I don't believe you would have remedied the bump steer issue of a lifted Jeep.

Quick Reply: Drag link flip kit..