Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Doors off (first time for me) and an old Jeep...

Old 07-27-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I learned a lesson when putting the doors back on. I did take the hint from others and rolled down the windows before disconnecting the harness. That helped in terms of carrying them off. But when I put the doors back on (in a rush because it was thundering) I had shut them all before reconnecting the harnesses. Of course then I couldn't open them because they were locked - not sure if they lock be default when taken off? It was one of those "duh" moments. I was able to reach in through the window and connect the rear door and of course I could have climbed in through the back. It's funny how much you go through to remove doors. I look forward to cheap soft doors coming on the market....

As for a wave from the older Jeep - in my stupid world I was hoping he saw me in the mirror and would have waved when he turned off... but it didn't happen. I didn't think anything of it. It was kind of cool to see.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you ever pass me when I am driveing my WWII Jeep, I will give you a wave (I wave at all jeep when I drive my MB, but most people in JK's look at me like I am carzy )
Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my top and doors off sometime in June and didn't put them back on until last week when I had to take it in for inspection and have them figure out why my tranny is leaking, it is going in later this week to have the shifter seal replaced.

Last edited by Jeepin Dad; 07-28-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My front doors go on about once a week when I'm driving late at night. My rear doors are constantly going off and on, but mostly off. Only on when the Jeep's piled with kids. Usually I leave the rear doors off when my two kids sit in the 3rd row bench seat, but those trips to The City can get cold. Fortunately I got the manual set up, so I don't have to take the step of attaching the harness to lock and roll the windows up and down. The second I bought my JK in Feb, everything came off and rarely do I use the doors. But, I'm in the Bay Area. When I see people with doors and hard tops in the Bay Area I do this:
Old 07-28-2008, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KC Rescue
'sup with that color? Is that a repaint or just weird lighting?
Old 07-28-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doors off is the only way to go.....unless its raining.........or under 38 degrees.

Quick Reply: Doors off (first time for me) and an old Jeep...