Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Doorless 4 door pics

Old 05-10-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
Yeah, guess I should have worded that different. Even with the spacer down the screws tends to work loose and the top bounces. Needs a better way to work, maybe a better spacer that is rubber to take out some of the vibration that works the screw loose. The little plastic foot thing they have works, until the screws works loose. I am going to go to a doudle wing nut screw to stop it from backing out, but still want a rubber chusion instead of that hard plastic.

this is my 10th jeep and I spend about a 100 days a year on the beach. I know what I like and don't like abou jeeps. Don't like mesh tops
Got you. I have seen too may people not know to flip it down. Just a suggestion in the craft department at Wal-Mart they have sheets of a foam rubber I have used to make spacers, gaskets and finish protectors for all sorts of stuff. It might work.
I have not tried a mesh top I have the canvas but I was going to get one for later in the summer. What might I ask is your rrason for not liking them?
Here I go hijacking the thread agian.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Got you. I have seen too may people not know to flip it down. Just a suggestion in the craft department at Wal-Mart they have sheets of a foam rubber I have used to make spacers, gaskets and finish protectors for all sorts of stuff. It might work.
I have not tried a mesh top I have the canvas but I was going to get one for later in the summer. What might I ask is your rrason for not liking them?
Here I go hijacking the thread agian.
I do massive amounts of busniess with gasket, fasteners and hardware distributors. With each jeep I get, work up a list of what I want to do, and kinda of an ideal of how I want to do it. Then on a rain day take the jeep to work instead of the work truck, make the rounds, get free lunch. Let the fastener experts help me decied what will work best for what I need to do. They order the best parts for my needs. I do not spend much time in wal-mart or other big box stores. Have not been inside a mall in years.

I like bikini tops, not so much the mesh kind. More of a personal perfence. Rains often in my area, the mesh offers no protection from this. A least with a solid bikini top you can put the front of the jeep into the wind and stay somewhat dry in the rain.

Also any type of full top will not allow people to stand in the back of the jeep. Even as I get older nothing better to look back in the mirror and see............

Last edited by Jolly Roger; 05-10-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deadspot
Glad to see the pic of the 4dr with only 2 doors off. I have wondered how it would look. I was thinking about it because I would have to put them back on maybe each day and it was only two it would easier. But now seeing it I can't say I like it with only two of them off....anyone else have similar pics but with the top all off?
This one messes with their minds

Old 05-12-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Almost did that today. I had to take my stuff to a show and was thinking about that because I fold the rear seat down and load up. Instead what I did was run a couple of bungee cords criss crossing the door space to hold anything in that might have wanted to come out till I could pull over. The funny thing is nothing even looked like it shifted. Of course I only had to go a few miles. Next week's show is something like an hour down the road so I might do this just to secure the load for the trip.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a chance to head back to VA this past week, and with the great weather took advantage and took all four doors off. Left the Hard top completly on. Sadly, no pics, but man, the looks, double takes, points, laughs, etc I got from almost every car passed. It was great! I think it even earned me a few extra Jeep Waves!

One combo I'd like to see pics of, if anyone has done it...Front doors on, rear off with the rear portion of the freedom top removed (leaving the front two panels). I didn't get a chance to do it while back in VA, and probably won't see the JK for another month at least .
Old 05-13-2007, 01:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Here is mine with no doors and just the front of the Freedom top.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:31 PM
sme
JK Enthusiast

Summer is here so let's see some new doorless pics. 2 doors welcome, come one - come all.

here's mine
Old 06-21-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

Wished I could be where this pic was taken.....

Last edited by OBX_JK; 06-21-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-22-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

not completely doorless, but some good pics

Quick Reply: Doorless 4 door pics