Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Doorless 4 door pics

Old 05-09-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajburton13
How has the bikini held up in all of this rain we have gotten?
Read the details here: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/warning-water-storage-space-7555/
Old 05-10-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Newbie

I know it's not all 4 doors off, but I kinda like rollin like this sometmes. You get some strange looks from people with this setup.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Glad to see the pic of the 4dr with only 2 doors off. I have wondered how it would look. I was thinking about it because I would have to put them back on maybe each day and it was only two it would easier. But now seeing it I can't say I like it with only two of them off....anyone else have similar pics but with the top all off?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

man those doors are heavy

Old 05-10-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
I want to see how many others have removed all 4 doors and whether or not you liked it. Comments are welcome but I want to see other 4 doors w/o doors and to hear what others who have done it think or any experiences you have had with strange looks and unusual comments.
The strange looks are probably because of the stickers and not the lack of doors.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
The strange looks are probably because of the stickers and not the lack of doors.
No I ride with the stickers every day. I remove them for offroading. I get people who thumbs up laugh and sometimes wave because of the stickers. I get looks like I'm crazy without the doors. I guess it will get better as soon as more people with 4 doors start doing it but so far I have not seen another 4 door with the top down or off. I saw one with the front pulled back but not topless.
Please let's get back to the subject at hand and drop the stickers.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

spent last week at the beach with doors and top off. I have a 4 door, 3" FT lift and 33x13.5x15 Toyo open counrty MTs , hard top, custom stock stubby.

don't like how hard it is to secure the front selt belts to keep them from popping in the wind.

After a few days I installed just the front two pieces of the top without the back section or doors. Like it alot, but need to make a spacers for over the sound bar to keep them front bouncing. Also cuts down on the wind in the front two seats, but increase the wind in the rear.

Don't like taking the screws out of the hinges, almost no way to keep from scratching the paint.

But do like the placement of the bottom hinge with the doors off. Can brace your foot good for a cool ride.

Have not put the screws back in on the hinges yet and have drove it around some. This will make removing the doors a snap when I feel the need. I am looking to see if the doors bounce without the screws in.

The toyos did extremely well, almost not throwing anything inside. Mine stick out at least 2.5" past the flare, so this could have been a major issue. Will even get better once my sliders are installed. Would not want to have the same set up as mine with AT tires or MT tires with a close tread pattern. The flare does not go far enough down the body of the jeep, any other tire and I would have had most of the beach on the inside of the jeep.

Drove some with all of top and and no doors, made for a wicked wind tunnel. Would not want to ride at fast highway speeds like this, would force the back glass open. We did it because it was raining, and just for the hell of it.

I forgot to get any pics of it doorless and topeless. Will get some maybe this weekend.

Draws lot of attention, had to move my chair away from it to enjoy a full cold beer. At times 20+ people standing around it looking it over.

draws some wicked flashes, I was out of beads the second day.

sure I will rember more, everything is still a little hazy.

Last edited by Jolly Roger; 05-10-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bamoman
man those doors are heavy

I like this look. I would wonder what problems you might have with the top running it this way. It looks cool though.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
spent last week at the beach with doors and top off. I have a 4 door, 3" FT lift and 33x13.5x15 Toyo open counrty MTs , hard top, custom stock stubby.

don't like how hard it is to secure the front selt belts to keep them from popping in the wind.

After a few days I installed just the front two pieces of the top without the back section or doors. Like it alot, but need to make a spacers for over the sound bar to keep them front bouncing. Also cuts down on the wind in the front two seats, but increase the wind in the rear.

Don't like taking the screws out of the hinges, almost no way to keep from scratching the paint.

But do like the placement of the bottom hinge with the doors off. Can brace your foot good for a cool ride.

Have not put the screws back in on the hinges yet and have drove it around some. This will make removing the doors a snap when I feel the need. I am looking to see if the doors bounce without the screws in.

The toyos did extremely well, almost not throwing anything inside. Mine stick out at least 2.5" past the flare, so this could have been a major issue. Will even get better once my sliders are installed. Would not want to have the same set up as mine with AT tires or MT tires with a close tread pattern. The flare does not go far enough down the body of the jeep, any other tire and I would have had most of the beach on the inside of the jeep.

Drove some with all of top and and no doors, made for a wicked wind tunnel. Would not want to ride at fast highway speeds like this, would force the back glass open. We did it because it was raining, and just for the hell of it.

I forgot to get any pics of it doorless and topeless. Will get some maybe this weekend.

Draws lot of attention, had to move my chair away from it to enjoy a full cold beer. At times 20+ people standing around it looking it over.

draws some wicked flashes, I was out of beads the second day.

sure I will rember more, everything is still a little hazy.
Dude the front top pieces have a piece where the screw goes in that flips down and acts like a spacer. I have heard that if you install them w/o it down you can screw the bolt in so far and hard it breaks through the top. It shows it in the manual however I was wonder ing what they were for and figured it out that way. I recomend for beaching it you get the safari top especially the "mesh" one just for shade.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Dude the front top pieces have a piece where the screw goes in that flips down and acts like a spacer. I have heard that if you install them w/o it down you can screw the bolt in so far and hard it breaks through the top. It shows it in the manual however I was wonder ing what they were for and figured it out that way. I recomend for beaching it you get the safari top especially the "mesh" one just for shade.

Yeah, guess I should have worded that different. Even with the spacer down the screws tends to work loose and the top bounces. Needs a better way to work, maybe a better spacer that is rubber to take out some of the vibration that works the screw loose. The little plastic foot thing they have works, until the screws works loose. I am going to go to a doudle wing nut screw to stop it from backing out, but still want a rubber chusion instead of that hard plastic.

this is my 10th jeep and I spend about a 100 days a year on the beach. I know what I like and don't like abou jeeps. Don't like mesh tops

Quick Reply: Doorless 4 door pics