Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Doorless 4 door pics

Old 05-08-2007, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doorless 4 door pics

I want to see how many others have removed all 4 doors and whether or not you liked it. Comments are welcome but I want to see other 4 doors w/o doors and to hear what others who have done it think or any experiences you have had with strange looks and unusual comments.
I have to say my favorites are as follows. The little girl who could not stop staring at the doorless car so I acted like I was about to fall out for her and grandma loved it. The friend of my daughter who had seen the jeep w/o doors for 3 days and when his mom commented on the jeep said it has never had doors. The girls at my other daughter's school who kept asking her where are the doors. The teacher who actually tried to open the door to let my child get out in the morning and embarased herself reaching into the jeep looking for the handle.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

you should do a write up on your mirrors... those are some of the better looking door-off mirrors i've seen yet.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Have enough stickers....
Old 05-09-2007, 03:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
I want to see how many others have removed all 4 doors and whether or not you liked it.
Sure have, several times. Most recently I took it to a let a very good friend drive because he'd recently commented that it must be quite an experience driving with no doors. We stopped at a local ice cream place to visit with his son who worked there, and this guy in the parking lot quickly rolls down his window to yell out how much he liked the new JKs. He was a Jeep owner himself, though he was in some sedan. Anyway, Wylie (the friend) commented later on when I remembered to teach him about the Jeep wave that he figured out the Jeep community must be friendly when that guy in the parking lot was so quick to roll down his window and strike up a conversation.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Question What timing

I think I have used every door combo, except ones that include my door (driver). The best part was when I was filling up gas yesterday, I had just the two front ones off, and the rear were on. Some kids went into the gas station, and on the way out they were discussing it, and one asked me if "my Jeep came with doors?" He was young so I said yes, (I was going to say no, I can't afford the rest ), turned around, and laughed to myself.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, you have a lot of sponsors. I'm jealous.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Laugh it up. I got the best sponsor me :toung: The stickers are all displays to get attention for my sticker buisness. In fact they are actually magnets so I can pull them for offroad use.
The mirrors are just a bracket that holds the fenders on a trailer and we had some that were extras we had picked up on sale somewhere. I showed how they mount in this thread. There are several more good ideas here for under $20 so read the whole thing.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...?t=4904&page=2

Last edited by only_in_my_jeep; 05-09-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Laugh it up. I got the best sponsor me :toung: The stickers are all displays to get attention for my sticker buisness. In fact they are actually magnets so I can pull them for offroad use.
The mirrors are just a bracket that holds the fenders on a trailer and we had some that were extras we had picked up on sale somewhere. I showed how they mount in this thread. There are several more good ideas here for under $20 so read the whole thing.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...?t=4904&page=2
I have heard bad things about those magnets on paint. I use to work at a reputable sign shop, and we wouldn't even build them for our customers. You might have more experience and knowledge than me. (not hard)
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

How has the bikini held up in all of this rain we have gotten?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by woolf
I have heard bad things about those magnets on paint. I use to work at a reputable sign shop, and we wouldn't even build them for our customers. You might have more experience and knowledge than me. (not hard)
If you remove them at least once a week and clean behind them (dust builds up behind them) there is no problem. If not you can damage your paint or cause you to lose the magnet. I have had magnetic stuff on vehicles long before I ever go into this buisness and have never had a problem. That said I prefer to sell just stickers because most people will not pay attention that is required to keep a magnet properly and I make no guarentees on them.

Quick Reply: Doorless 4 door pics