Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Door Storage Solution....

Old 07-07-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made some door hangers (in my tarp over steel frame hut/garage) and the wind wiggled one loose and it fell over so when I was backing in, in the dark I didnt notice and I ran my door over
luckly it didnt damage it too much just a small crease on the passenger front door right along the A pillar
Old 07-07-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhumpty
Red I've thought about doing something like this but I would guess it would seriously start to give the rubber surrounds on the windows a workout. I'm thinking of something that supports them from the bottom with padding and has a strap that secures them on the top of the door.

Would love to know how the rubber window surround reacts to having the doors wait on them... if it will work this solutions seems much easier to pull off.
I actually thought about that, too. If it looks like they will need more, I'm just gonna get the approprieat size fule hose and slide over the ends. It's much thicker.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

I did pretty much the same though I used 2X4's and only made it for two doors. The other two sit on the ground under the two that are hanging. You can't see it here but there is another board with hooks on it above the door hanger where I keep my soft top in the summer.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hinges

I bought the same hinges as Red and when I put the door on, they sagged pretty bad. I wasn't comfortable hanging my doors on them, so now they hold my poker table chairs. lol

Quick Reply: Door Storage Solution....