Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK Hi-Lift Jack Mount Kit Install and Impressions

Old 11-08-2014, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK Hi-Lift Jack Mount Kit Install and Impressions

I picked up a Hi-Lift Extreme jack for an upcoming off roading trip and I was looking for a good way to mount it out of the way but accessible if I needed it and I ran across this mount. It mounts the Hi-Lift up high behind the roll cage of my JK Rubicon Unlimited.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Long small.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	583444

Install was very easy, just had to tap the seat belt hanger tube with a 1/2-20 tap and a little 3 in 1 oil. The brackets are held on with 2 bolts, one factory and one that goes in the hole you threaded. Install took about 30 minutes including the tapping of the hole and I did it without removing the top.

This thing is rock solid, no rattling and I could not be happier. I view the Hi-Lift like a parachute, I may never need it, but if I do I want it there and in working condition. So mounting it where it is out of the way, but protected from the elements so it is ready when I need it was critical for me. They also make a bracket that attaches to the jack to hold a shovel and an axe, I may pick that up down the road.

I paid around $97 delivered for the 2 brackets and the bolts as well as the tap. Yes it is expensive, and I know there are home brewed ideas for storing this jack, but this one was KISS simple and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to store a 48 inch Hi-Lift jack.

Here is a picture of the left and right brackets so you can see how they mount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Left left small.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	583448 Click image for larger version

Name:	Right small.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	583447
Old 11-08-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Have the same parts waiting to be installed. However I can't find a 1/2-20 tap at any of the stores around me.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Singleton
Have the same parts waiting to be installed. However I can't find a 1/2-20 tap at any of the stores around me.
I just ordered the tap when I ordered the brackets, I was afraid that the tap might be hard to find locally. Here is a link to one that I found on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Century Drill and Tool 95112 High Carbon Steel Fractional Plug Tap, 1/2-20 NF: Industrial & Scientific

Quick Reply: Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK Hi-Lift Jack Mount Kit Install and Impressions