Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Do I really need D60s?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Willjeepforfood
I would think just reinforcing with gussets and axle tubes with Chrome Moly would suffice. After all...lifetie warranty on broken axle with chrome moly...don't get much cheaper than that!
Does anybody know if there is anyplace on the web where trussing an axle is discussed? How about straightening bent tubes?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think they make a truss kit for the jk d44 yet. If they do I haven't seen one.
aev have trusses in developement
Old 05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
aev have trusses in developement
Haha, can't wait to see that... in a year or two.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Forget D60's.. Just go ROCKWELLS!!!

you would need some serious engine to haul those
Old 05-21-2009, 11:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by chuck45
Does anybody know if there is anyplace on the web where trussing an axle is discussed? How about straightening bent tubes?
rockrawler has trusses for their kits, give them a shoot
Old 05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's what I was going to suggest, a truss from Rock Krawler would help from bending tubes! I think if anyone is planning on 37's or larger I would do 60's, I don't trust these factory front 44's running anything larger than a 35. 60's didn't take the fun out of wheeling a much as 42's did for me on my Tj. The 60's just added peice of mind!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bruised
That's what I was going to suggest, a truss from Rock Krawler would help from bending tubes! I think if anyone is planning on 37's or larger I would do 60's, I don't trust these factory front 44's running anything larger than a 35. 60's didn't take the fun out of wheeling a much as 42's did for me on my Tj. The 60's just added peice of mind!
But what if you already have bent tubes? Can they be straightened and then trussed?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Don't know how you would straighten them unless you could get the old tube out and slide a straight one in...but if they are too bent for that I think your screwed.
They're not that bent. When looking at the Jeep from the front it looks like the camber is off. I was wondering if I could put it on a body shops frame rack, anchor the ends and use a jack to push up in the middle of the axle. And after that truss it.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Junkie

I really don't think there is a way to fix a bent axle tube after it was welded to the center section without removing the tube. I know that most axle manufacturers that do trusses will bend the axle tubes in a tube bender prior to attaching them to the center section to compensate fr the bending that happens from welding a truss on. I would think if you could do the bends after the fact it would be done that way instead.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have a bent tube you'll have to get it re-tubed. You can't really straighten it an have it keep it's strength. It would be like taking a paper clip and bending it over and over again, it makes it a lot weaker.

Quick Reply: Do I really need D60s?