Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

DIY Fuse/Relay panel

Old 03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default DIY Fuse/Relay panel

I was getting ready to install my PIAA 520 lamps and was having trouble deciding where to plant the relay and how to tap into some power when I saw the excellent write-up by bobholthaus [ https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...-mount-263893/ ] on his wiring of OTRATTW switches in the RR A pillar mount. His last picture showed a panel he fabricated to hold 2 Blue Sea fuse blocks, and I knew that this was the solution; it's about the only space under the hood that doesn't cover something you might need to get to.

Got a 6" x 12" sheet of aluminum from the hardware store, a Blue Sea fuse block from West Marine (but you can get them from Amazon, too), some wire and connectors, and by Saturday noon I had the panel complete and installed with the PIAA relay, and by that evening the PIAA lamps saw "first light" (as the astronomers like to say).

All told, it was about $60-$70 to make and wire the panel and now I have hookups for 6 accessories (but if you needed more, you could go with a larger fuse block from Blue Sea), and it's a nice location because it's a straight shot to the hole in the firewall to route wires to my RR A-pillar switches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse box.jpg
Views:	2376
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	429210

And here's the PIAAs, which seem to throw the amount of light for the distance I was looking for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PIAA.jpg
Views:	1010
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	429212
Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy. Go to the junk yard and pull a fuse box off something else. I got ( and I hate to say it ) a single inbound line box off a Ford that works great. Relays and all. Ripped it apart. Put in new wires and it fits quite nice. It's cheaper and yes doesn't look nice. But I don't have 500 lines off the battery. I have 3. Main winch and extra fixed box. I think it cost me like 30 bucks.

Quick Reply: DIY Fuse/Relay panel