Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Did you ever wonder how hot your JK heater is?

Old 02-06-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thom1879
Not only can my jeep go anywhere, but it can also slow cook 250 racks of ribs at a time!!
I've warmed up Taco Bell IN my vents.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

If you stop and think about it your engine coolant is around 230. So by the time it goes throu your vents and the fan coolsit down its still going to be about 200 to 210.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by YingYang
Every wonder how hot your JK's heater blows? I did.

Outside temp was 47deg and cold rain. Thats the hottest reading I got. I was shooting the vent adjusters and not down the tube.

I knew it was hot but dammmmnnnnnnn!!!

Just an FYI..........

what other kind of car do you have? I'd like to see a comparison
Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife has a Mini Cooper, I guess I could shoot that one 2.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

HAHA, i just turned the oven in the kitchen on to 200 and stuck my hand in to feel the air......yep, feels about right!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Anyone with Flame Red Jeeps finding their numbers to be any higher? I mean after all...We are painted with fire.

Yeah the heater is insane. I've turned my heater on full blast in the mornings on my way to work just to heat up the Jeep real fast. Before I know it I'm dying and gasping for cooler air. Kinda like the frog in the pot of water analogy. Didn't notice it coming until it was too late!

I've had friends put their hand over the airvent with the heat turned up all the way to see how long they could go before they yanked it away in pain. Hehehe...good way to burn yourself!! (no joke)
Old 02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

It's good to know if I'm ever stock out in the woods I can cook small animals over my heater and get the internal meat temperature over the "safe" mark. I hope nobody is a member of PETA here
Old 02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
JK Freak

Heh I bet the Jeep's heater has similar cooking capabilities to that of an easy bake oven. (lightbulb baked cookie anyone?)
Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

Default Heater temps,,,

My Kids used to call the heater in my Expedition the "Booger-Baker",,,,I think the ones in the Jeeps would just bake their noses right off!

On the upside to this,,,,when we had the Freedom tops off last May, and a sudden cold front came in, those heaters, (pointed in the right directions), we barely noticed that the tops were off! My friend and I joked that I should keep a round brush in the truck, so that if I ever got caught in a rain storm, I could just use the heater vent, as my blow dryer!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Oh yeah

Just a FYI dont drive with your Defrosters on full blast for an exstended period of time...It melts your Wiper Blades

When I first bought the jeep it was about december here in Chicago and decided one night drinking beer in the garage to take the soft top out of the jeep and all of you know you have to take the hard top off to do this...So took the top off for the first time and then decided it was was a good idea to take it out for a spin when it was about 20 outside...cranked up the heater threw on a carhart hoddie and went for a drive up to the gas station my luck it started to snow heaters on full blast worked great wasnt cold one bit!!!

Quick Reply: Did you ever wonder how hot your JK heater is?