Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Did the locker mod (pic & vid)

Old 12-19-2007, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Did the locker mod (pic & vid)

Hey guys,

I'm a noob ont his board andmyname it's Diego.

Just wanted to share that I kinda followed the write up over JKforums about the mod for the lcokers, but the main differene it's that we didn't use any fancy iluminated rocker switch or any aux led to let us know once the locker it's activated. Instead we used the stock "locks" symbols of the cluster.

In the manual mode, of corse it operate like the ARB units, whenever you want, at any speed and at any transfer case postion.

The stock mode still works as was builded, but it doesn't flash anymore the "locks" symbols in the cluster but they iluminate as well and lock the axles in 4Lo mode and above of the speed limit, if not they dissengage like the stock system.

Works pretty good.

Also we added a switch in the empty buttom panels dissabling the ESP/ABS-BAS and Airbags at the touch of one buttom. The stock system as well work the same way as factory.

Here is a little vid I took it's 10MB , Right Click , Save Target Ass...

Click Here

Later,

-Diego
Old 12-19-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Sweet mod! Please post more details on exactly what you did. Also what kind of switches did you use and how did you mount them?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RCJeeper
Sweet mod! Please post more details on exactly what you did. Also what kind of switches did you use and how did you mount them?
I used simple switches but stock cluster lights wich is different from all those that did this mod I cannot make it work the way we want with stock buttoms because it's controleld by a chip card behind the buttom, it's a special signal that takes the EC to lock the diffs, that's why you need separate switches.

-Diego
Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by diegom6
I used simple switches but stock cluster lights wich is different from all those that did this mod I cannot make it work the way we want with stock buttoms because it's controleld by a chip card behind the buttom, it's a special signal that takes the EC to lock the diffs, that's why you need separate switches.

-Diego
That sure looks alot more involved than the other method of just grounding the relays next to the battery through switches.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/bofer84s-locker-mod-write-up-11941/
Old 03-02-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump

Any directions for using the stock locker symbols. This way looks pretty sweet!
Old 04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by diegom6
Hey guys,

I'm a noob ont his board andmyname it's Diego.

Just wanted to share that I kinda followed the write up over JKforums about the mod for the lcokers, but the main differene it's that we didn't use any fancy iluminated rocker switch or any aux led to let us know once the locker it's activated. Instead we used the stock "locks" symbols of the cluster.

In the manual mode, of corse it operate like the ARB units, whenever you want, at any speed and at any transfer case postion.

The stock mode still works as was builded, but it doesn't flash anymore the "locks" symbols in the cluster but they iluminate as well and lock the axles in 4Lo mode and above of the speed limit, if not they dissengage like the stock system.

Works pretty good.

Also we added a switch in the empty buttom panels dissabling the ESP/ABS-BAS and Airbags at the touch of one buttom. The stock system as well work the same way as factory.

Here is a little vid I took it's 10MB , Right Click , Save Target Ass...

Click Here

Later,

-Diego
Diego,

can you please repost the link and the pic? they do not work and would like to see your write up.

thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Quick Reply: Did the locker mod (pic & vid)