Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors

Old 06-05-2008, 11:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by deanthemachine04
ouch! i just got my first one today too. only dropped the F word twice after the gust of wind caught my door. anyone know how much pdr is for this?
FIx it yourself with a hair dryer and a can of Co2.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

redneck jeep, does that actually work? i saw a youtube video of it.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
keep those straps on!
No comment. LOL.

And yes, removing the strap is the last thing you should do prior to removing the door. I purchased the relocation brackets, so if anything dents it will be the top of the door which is pretty strong in that spot. Just some food for thought......
Old 06-06-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad I'm not the only member of this club

Went to take my doors off a couple weekends ago. Had the wiring disconnected, nuts off and just took the strap off and the damn wind took the door right out of my hand. After it happened I just sort of stood there for a minute and then the swearing started.

So now when i take my doors off, I park on the driveway which is angled so no matter how hard the wind is blowing, there is no chance of that door swinging around again.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys I just did this to..but I have you all beat. I managed to put a good size ding on one of my rear doors...Putting it back on, didn't have the strap on yet, wasn't paying attention, and it swung all the way open, hitting the door handle of the front door oops
Old 09-15-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Take it back and make them fix the samething happend to me and they fixed it for free.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKJeeper
Almost makes you want to take pics every time you take your JK in for work! That sucks... I would make them fix it.
Thats what i did when i sent mine off to get lifted etc... i took pics of everyside since it is without dents or scratches,people just do not take pride in there work like past generations did . People SUCK!!! i need a cabin in the woods and to win the lotto
Old 09-15-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Make them fix it. I picked my jeep up at the dealer after a recall notice repair and the rear bumper was dented in on the drivers side. I saw it when I got home and went straight back and after some persuasion the owner of the dealership agreed to split the difference of a new plastic bumper and the mopar off road bumper that I had planned to buy anyway. So it all worked out. He made a lame excuse that I wouldn't have asked McDonalds to fix it if it was dented on thier parking lot, but my point was I don't give McDonalds my keys. Push the issue, they want to keep customers happy.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

its easy to. I got one too. it only took a week or two to get use to it.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man I would be pissed

Quick Reply: Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors