Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors

Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tubes10s
UPDATE!!

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I took the jeep back to the dealer to show them the dent and explain that I believe it happened during their work replacing my door seal. As soon as they realized that the door strap had to come off for them to do their work yesterday, the service manager immediately agreed to take care of the dent. They are going to use a paintless dent repair guy to smooth out the dent, and they are going to have it done by the end of the day today. I was really worried that they would try to say that they didn’t do it, but they really surprised me. I’ve got to say they are handling this with class.

Hopefully the repair goes well and I won’t even be able to tell there was ever a dent when I pick this jeep up later today!

YAY!!! glad to hear it!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

UPDATE!!

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I took the jeep back to the dealer to show them the dent and explain that I believe it happened during their work replacing my door seal. As soon as they realized that the door strap had to come off for them to do their work yesterday, the service manager immediately agreed to take care of the dent. They are going to use a paintless dent repair guy to smooth out the dent, and they are going to have it done by the end of the day today. I was really worried that they would try to say that they didn’t do it, but they really surprised me. I’ve got to say they are handling this with class.

Hopefully the repair goes well and I won’t even be able to tell there was ever a dent when I pick this jeep up later today!
Most "dent busters" do very good work. I have seen some very bad dents that were repaired leaving no sign of said dent.
Sam
Old 04-29-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

I picked my jeep up during lunch today, and it looks great. you may be able to slightly tell that there was a spot at some point there, but you've got to really go after trying to find it. i expect that once i clean and wax it, you'll never be able to see it again. i'll get a picture of the finished repair on here when i get home this afternoon.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re:

I had the same dents on my TJ and have the same ones on my JK...they don't really bother me (but I take full responsibly for putting them there - ie not putting on the straps) but I would probably be pissed if a shop did something like that....

Also my Jeep is exactly the same as yours - color and the dents look exactly the same - not that it helps any.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I picked my jeep up during lunch today, and it looks great. you may be able to slightly tell that there was a spot at some point there, but you've got to really go after trying to find it. i expect that once i clean and wax it, you'll never be able to see it again. i'll get a picture of the finished repair on here when i get home this afternoon.
Glad it turned out OK.
One thing about dent repairs....They're always there if you know where to look.
Better than dealing with a repaint though.

chuck
Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default them bastards

i know for sure that came from the mirror. because i had the same dent in the same exact place on my bright silver jk. i would deffinatly give the dealer hell. but if that doesnt work i took mine to dent z works ( any paintless dent repair shop should be able to fix it). mine looks damn good now and it only cost $75.
raise hell.
nic
Old 04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear it got fixed up!

But on a side note...

THATS WHERE THOSE DENTS CAME FROM!!!! LOL
Old 04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought mine used with a dent like that in the exactly the same place. Thanks for the info, I now know where it came from
Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

as promised, here is a shot of the repair afterwards. again, they contracted the job to a local Paintless Dent Repair guy, and i have to say that they did a great job. you may catch a hint of a mark with the light at just the perfect angle, but that also may just be me imagining things because i'm a bit of a perfectionist

Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

bye bye, mr. dent.

Quick Reply: Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors