Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors

Old 04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did that on the drivers side as well the first time i took the doors off. i un did the strap and wasn't thinking, i let the door go and it swung out and put a little dimple in it. its hardly noticable on mine so i didnt care. but if yours was cause of the shop, i'd go back and make them fix it.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
haha...dude not laughing at you but the situation, ................... took a 3 foot 1" wide flat head screwdriver (prybar basically but thinner) and wrapped it with a rag, stuck it in there watched it real careful and pried slightly watching the dent,

If the dealership has any kind of customer service they will use a "paintless dent repair" guy to fix you up real quick.
In fact, I would insist it be done this way.
Its not worth the potential next screw up ie: color match, texture,more damage, that being at a real body shop could cause.
PDR can be done in an hour.

chuck
Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

i've got the dimples too....i will try to fix it tomorrow like ya'll said.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

i'm going to talk to the dealer tomorrow about it. hopefully they will see that they must have caused the dent and take care of it like they should. if not, well i just don't want to think about that option yet. hopefully they are upfront and handle this appropriately.

i agree with the person who mentioned paintless dent repair. that is the only feasible option that i see here. i definitely do not want to get into replacing fenders, matching paints, and all that stuff. i'm going to mention that to my dealer.

thanks for the input folks, i will update to let anyone who is interested know how it goes!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup I have the exact same dent....sucks I know
Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea that would make me mad. Its one thing to get a dent or scratch if you do it but to take it to the shop and pick it up that way sux. I would rather have the doors leak.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
i did that on the drivers side as well the first time i took the doors off. i un did the strap and wasn't thinking, i let the door go and it swung out and put a little dimple in it. its hardly noticable on mine so i didnt care. but if yours was cause of the shop, i'd go back and make them fix it.
That's what I was Going to say! The first time I took the doors off, it hurt at the time now it's just a dimple.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

UPDATE!!

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I took the jeep back to the dealer to show them the dent and explain that I believe it happened during their work replacing my door seal. As soon as they realized that the door strap had to come off for them to do their work yesterday, the service manager immediately agreed to take care of the dent. They are going to use a paintless dent repair guy to smooth out the dent, and they are going to have it done by the end of the day today. I was really worried that they would try to say that they didn’t do it, but they really surprised me. I’ve got to say they are handling this with class.

Hopefully the repair goes well and I won’t even be able to tell there was ever a dent when I pick this jeep up later today!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good to hear.

Most (OK, some) dealers are alright!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chucktuna

If the dealership has any kind of customer service they will use a "paintless dent repair" guy to fix you up real quick.
In fact, I would insist it be done this way.
Its not worth the potential next screw up ie: color match, texture,more damage, that being at a real body shop could cause.
PDR can be done in an hour.

chuck
good idea....but I fixed it already

Quick Reply: Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors