Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors

Old 04-28-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors

What the hell? I got my jeep out of the shop today from repairing a leaky soft top (for the third time) and I bring the jeep home and find a dent below my windshield, above the fender. it exactly lines up with where the side mirror would contact the body if the door were allowed to flop all the way open. the repair technicians would have had to undo the door strap to replace the door seals (which they did today) so i have to assume that's when the dent happened. i've never taken the doors off, and i'm not real sure how to undo the door strap, i just know that it can be done.

has anyone else had to have this repair made? i know that some folks on here don't mind a little dent on their jeeps, but still this is nonsense to get a jeep back from the dealer with a dent in it.

has anyone else had this repair done? what all was involved in getting the fix?

Last edited by tubes10s; 04-29-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

you should take it back to the dealer and make them fix it....they're gonna deny doing it, but give em hell!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
you should take it back to the dealer and make them fix it....they're gonna deny doing it, but give em hell!

x2.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

My buddy had his JK in the shop and we went to check on the progress and they had the hood open and resting on the windshield frame with nothing betweed the two painted surfaces. He had two scratches in that area, I told him to have them fix them but he never followed through. It sucks that professionals do suck crappy work. Make them fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

thats my thought too, is that they are going to fight it. they've already done a couple of warranty repairs for me, including a full passenger side dash and air bag replacement because of a dash board defect that they agreed to fix when i bought it. even when i had that in writing that they would fix that, it still took a couple of months to get it done.

i am definitely taking it to them first thing in the morning. this is nonsense. even if they want to send me to a body shop and let them fix it, and then the dealer pay for it, as long as it is fixed to the point that you can't tell there was ever a problem, i wouldn't mind if a body shop repaired the dent. i just don't think i should have to be the one to pay for it.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

be adamant that it was NOT like that when you dropped it off, don't back down until you get them to admit that it was one of their ignorant mechanics that did it. good luck, hope you get it worked out!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Almost makes you want to take pics every time you take your JK in for work! That sucks... I would make them fix it.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

haha...dude not laughing at you but the situation, I just did that on my pass side this weekend removing the doors. I undid the elec plug, took off the strap and wasn't holding it and on an include bumper to the road...it took off and made the same exact dent about the same size. I took a 3 foot 1" wide flat head screwdriver (prybar basically but thinner) and wrapped it with a rag, stuck it in there watched it real careful and pried slightly watching the dent, just a little at a time and very slight pressure it will work out and now it's 95% gone, like magic
Old 04-28-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, at least try to see if they will fix it. I have that same exact dent, but did it myself...
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, I got one of those too! Jeep dimples I tell ya , it doesn't take much to do it either. I turned one of those canned air things upside down froze it and it made mine less noticable, but I had done the damage myself. Yeah you should definately take it back, if they won't, tell them you'll call the police and can sit in their showroom and get a report written

Quick Reply: Dent Thanks To My Door Mirrors