Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Death to the Cans!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks good ..i need to do this to mine..this plastic bumper sucks...i need to redo the bumper.....your jeep look awesome..thanks for the idea..
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drcre8tive
The difference is the Crush Cans are gone.

First just remove the plastic piece of crap cover using method of choice... (I hacked the sucker up with a sharp blade)... jump up and down on it, curse, spit on it, discard.

What you are left with is just the Metal under-section of the bumper, which has protruding crusher cans that really look goofy. If you have tow hooks, you need to take them off in order to hack those suckers off, you'll need an 18mm socket and a breaker-bar to get at the bolts behind the bumper. The best way to get at them is to remove the plastic cover on the top back of the bumper (that buts-up to the grill) Just pop those darn plastic rivets off with a chisel. Do one side at a time. You can cut most of the way through and then just knock it off with a hammer. If you want to be a fancy neat freak, you can grind the welds down flat. I hammered mine relatively flat.

I just lopped off the ends by measuring (about 8", or until lined-up with grill).... and taped off where I wanted to cut. I used a new metal blade on my Sawzall, and muscled my through. I hammered the burs down and sanded and painted it.

The light mounts are just pieces of Aluminum from Home Depot that I drilled out to fit the light tabs. You may have to drill-out the plastic tabs on the lights themselves to get a big enough bolt on there. Drill some holes on the front bumper metal and bolt the lights on.

Spray paint it all black. Step, back drink your beer.

I might weld some end-caps on, but that is another story.

Drinking and smoking seem to go well with standing in front of your jeep haha you lost me a little bit with the lights..and the part where you talk about behind the bumper. So confused.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just did mine except I used an impact gun on the bolts instead of a breaker bar...it was extremely easy. Used a new blade cut off the sides, cut off the cans and sanded the remainder down, spray painted and were good to go! Except I still need to do the fog light bracket thing..

Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM
HV
JK Enthusiast

Looks good
Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. I like your instructions lol
Old 05-29-2010, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Step 1: Shotgun a beer
Step 2: Make your assistant shotgun a beer
Step 3: Smoke a cigarette and stare at what you're going to do for the remainder of the cigarette
Step 4: Begin bumper strip down slowly while casually shipping another brew with your assistant and talk about how Robin hood looks just like Gladiator version 2.0 and how Obama should be shot.

Quick Reply: Death to the Cans!