Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Deal of the month! now what?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal of the month! now what?

So i got the greatest deal i think i ever got through eBay... got the superchip with everything but the box for $80! yes i need to unlock it but still a great deal.

Now the question is; i have 4:10 gears and not sure if i have lockers or not (bought the jeep used and the dealer had no idea as for the specs, i know i have 4:10 gears becasue i did the spinning test)

Do i need to know if i have lockers or not to set up the superchip or it doesnt matter...?

Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

What do you mean "I" need to unlock it? If the person you bought it from didnt set everything back to stock on it, its to my understanding you won't be able to unlock it and/or use it....
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
What do you mean "I" need to unlock it? If the person you bought it from didnt set everything back to stock on it, its to my understanding you won't be able to unlock it and/or use it....
you can pay $100 to unlock the Vin.

Reason i know is casue i had to do it on my previous JKU...
Old 03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do u do the wheel roll test? I bought mine from the dealer also, pretty sure it's geared but would like to know.
Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MotiCross
you can pay $100 to unlock the Vin.

Reason i know is casue i had to do it on my previous JKU...
Oooooooooooooooooooh ok.... guess you learn something new every day.... didn't know they offered such a service.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by grundiesel
How do u do the wheel roll test? I bought mine from the dealer also, pretty sure it's geared but would like to know.
Thanks
Jack up one of the rear wheels

put a marker (sticker) on the drive shaft and 1 on the tire.

Choke the wheels

Put jeep in N

Spin the tire (by hand) 2 full rotations and count how many times the drive shaft spins.

The number of times it spins after the 2 tire rotations is your gear number.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

[HR][/HR]
Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Oooooooooooooooooooh ok.... guess you learn something new every day.... didn't know they offered such a service.
Yea the messed up part was that i bought that first one few years ago from someone for $250 used , great deal ? yes if it was unlocked! lol so i basically paid $350 for a used one last time.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

If you have to ask if you have lockers you don't , if you got a rubi then you do
Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MotiCross
[HR][/HR]

Yea the messed up part was that i bought that first one few years ago from someone for $250 used , great deal ? yes if it was unlocked! lol so i basically paid $350 for a used one last time.

Oh man... I just got into this... I hope you made sure that the previous owner re-enabled the TPMS otherwise you wont be able to use that feature, even if you pay that $100 on their website to unlock it....

Quick Reply: Deal of the month! now what?