Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Daystar 1.75" Lift w/33's - Picture

Old 03-01-2007, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FzyPchz
posted the photos of the install on another thread: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/wheels-spacer-questions-3899/

here's a side shot of my jeep w/o a lift (not a great photo though, lots of shadows):
I have the same set up, but w/ MT's.
I just put the spacers on Tues. I'm going to retighten them tonight.
I'll try to post pics too.

I was rubbing really bad on the sway bar without them. Now, I clear the sway, but rub a little on the air dam.

I'm sitting on some front end 3/4 spacers, but after reading this thread I'm going to go w/ the this so I can lift the rear 3/4 as well.
Now, I need to decide if I want to stack my front spacers or sell a set. huskynox, your ride looks nice.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

How hard was it to install? So you are saying if i install this 1.75" lift on my new rubi with the standard tires that i would also have to install wheel spacers?

Last edited by gergy9; 03-01-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gergy9
How hard was it to install? So you are saying if i install this 1.75" lift on my new rubi with the standard tires that i would also have to install wheel spacers?

You would only need wheel spacers if you are going to change your tire size to a larger/wider tire. If you keep your stock wheels, you wouldn't need a wheel spacer.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gergy9
It's basically a huge thick washer 1 1/2" or whatever size you want within reason) mounted between your hub and wheel to push your wheels/tires out further! It gives your vehicle a wider stance and prevents your tire from rubbing if you get wider tires. You can also achieve this by buying after market wheels with less backspacing than the stock ones.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Jedi

What is included in your 1.75" lift. My 3" lift had new longer rear sway bars that did rub the rim of my stock tires. I just moved them to the inside though and that seemed to work. Once I got new wheels I moved them back. There might be mention of that in wayoflifes lift write up, possibly even a picture. Yours would be shorter if you have them so you probably wont be affected.

Yah, it's mentioned at the end of the write-up.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a picture of the Pro-Comp or Daystar (same kit) kit. It comes with 4 1.75" spacers, 2 longer Front Bump Stops, and 2 Rear Sway Bar lowering brackets. It doesn't come with Rear Bump Stop extenders, which I found weird, so I made my own. I called Daystar and they told me Rear Bump Stop Extenders weren't necessary with a 1.75" lift....? I wanted to be safe, so I built some out of 1.25" 6063-T52 aluminum extrusion.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2007-2008 Jeep JK Wrangler 1.75 inch Lift Kit.JPG
Views:	1891
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	891  
Old 03-02-2007, 06:48 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by huskynox
The only other thing I did was add a lock washer behind the steering stop stud to prevent rubbing while 4-wheelin'. There was no rubbing with the 1.75" lift around town, but I was concerned with rubbing while 4-wheelin'. With the washer in place I didn't notice any steering limitations and there was absolutely NO rubbing.
Could you explain this a little more? I think I am going to go with a similar setup and would like to do this. Maybe a few pictures? It sounds simple enough but I wouldn't even know where the steering stop stud would be.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TEV
Could you explain this a little more? I think I am going to go with a similar setup and would like to do this. Maybe a few pictures? It sounds simple enough but I wouldn't even know where the steering stop stud would be.
Here is a thread that should help you out:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/how-do-i-adjust-steering-stops-3608/
Old 03-02-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tev,

It's a very simple instl. Just study the Teraflex Instructions for their 2.50" buget boost, they're on-line. They have some pretty good pictures.

Wayoflife posted a picture of the TJ steering stop stud, it's the same on the JK. Just add a standard lock washer under the stud. It should take you 2 minutes a side to instl.

Again, the kit is simple. You can get the Pro-Comp Kit off of Ebay for $98.

The front was a little simpler than the rear because I didn't have to disconnect the Track Bar. I did on the rear. I did the whole front setup in less than 1 hour. The rear took about 2 hours because I had to disconnect more stuff.. ie. Brake Lines, Emergency Brake Cables, Track Bar, plus it was the first end I did so I was being extra careful.

husky~
Old 03-02-2007, 04:14 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by huskynox
Tev,

It's a very simple instl. Just study the Teraflex Instructions for their 2.50" buget boost, they're on-line. They have some pretty good pictures.

Wayoflife posted a picture of the TJ steering stop stud, it's the same on the JK. Just add a standard lock washer under the stud. It should take you 2 minutes a side to instl.

Again, the kit is simple. You can get the Pro-Comp Kit off of Ebay for $98.

The front was a little simpler than the rear because I didn't have to disconnect the Track Bar. I did on the rear. I did the whole front setup in less than 1 hour. The rear took about 2 hours because I had to disconnect more stuff.. ie. Brake Lines, Emergency Brake Cables, Track Bar, plus it was the first end I did so I was being extra careful.

husky~
cool thanks, that look very very easy.

Quick Reply: Daystar 1.75" Lift w/33's - Picture