Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Daystar 1.75" Lift w/33's - Picture

Old 02-26-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daystar/Pro Comp 1.75" Lift w/33's - Pictures

Well, I finished my 1.75" lift with 285/70-17 BFG Mudders. I think it's the perfect combo if you want a little bit beefier look with more clearance, but still like the "stock" appearance.

My Jeep is a 2-door Rubicon. The first time I took it 4-wheelin' I scraped the bottom a little, so I decided I needed a little more clearance, but wanted to maintain that stock look.

The Daystar kit I used was simple, but I don't think it was complete. It was missing the rear bump stop extenders, but the "Bill of Materials" didn't list them, so I have no idea what they were thinking? I contacted them by email, but of course never got a reply, so I just made some myself out of some Aluminium Extrusion I bought. ("Revision") - I finally got a hold of Daystar, they say the rear bump stops are not necessary with the 1.75" lift. I'm still gonna leave the ones I made installed though. They say their instruction sheet had not been revised as of yet, but the Pro-Comp instruction sheet had been revised. They build the Pro-Comp kit. I guess they build a lot of kits for different manufacturers. They are one of the largest manufacturers of Polyurethane Spacers in the United States.

I'll attach a picture of my "silver" Rubicon next to my buddies "black" Rubicon that is still stock. You can defintely see the difference, but mine still appears pretty stock. I love it now, I think it sits how it should of from the factory.

The only other thing I did was add a lock washer behind the steering stop stud to prevent rubbing while 4-wheelin'. There was no rubbing with the 1.75" lift around town, but I was concerned with rubbing while 4-wheelin'. With the washer in place I didn't notice any steering limitations and there was absolutely NO rubbing.

My buddy made the comment that he scraped (high centered) at one point on the trail we were driving, but mine never did. I have approx. 2.50" more clearance than he with this setup.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	web.JPG
Views:	6984
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	865  

Last edited by huskynox; 02-28-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Huskynox, do you have any rubbing at full turn w/ your setup? I'm running BFG AT 285/70R/17s on my stock Sahara rims and my tires do rub at full turn. I've read and been told in other posts that I would need to add spacers if I want keep my stock rims, cause a lift wouldn't fix the problem. Your thoughts?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

FzyPchz,

I had no rubbing at all at full turn with the 1.75" lift with normal driving. The centerline of the axle was below the sway bar with the lift, so the big part of the tire was obviously below the sway bar while at full lock. Now if I was to draw an imaginary plane on the big part of the tire I could see it would rub the sway bar as the tire moved up and down thru it's full suspension travel (while 4-wheeling). That's why I added a lock washer behind the steering stop stud on each backing plate. Adding the lock washer doesn't allow the wheels to turn as far from lock to lock.

Now, I know the wheels don't turn as far, but I didn't notice any difference while turning the Jeep around in parking lots or doing some serious 4-wheelin'. It's so rare you're at full lock with these Jeeps anyway. As far as steering wheel rotation lock to lock goes, the washer only decreased the number of turns by 1/4 turn.

~
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Nice setup!!! I have the same tire size on and would like a little more clearance for playing around. Keep us informed in your likes and dislikes.

Brent
Old 02-27-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

And please post more pictures. That looks like a nice setup. I don't know anything about Daystar though.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by osclib2
And please post more pictures. That looks like a nice setup. I don't know anything about Daystar though.
Ditto that.

Daystar isn't a name i am familiar with either.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Link:

http://www.daystarweb.com/
Old 02-27-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Daystar kit is exactly the same as the Pro-Comp kit. I don't know which company actually manufactures the kit...? They're the same though.

I'll some more pics.

~
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	web2.JPG
Views:	2541
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	869   Click image for larger version

Name:	web3.JPG
Views:	2472
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	870   Click image for larger version

Name:	web4.JPG
Views:	2381
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	871  
Old 02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, and I forgot to make the ocmment, you can get the 1.75" Pro-Comp kit off Ebay for $98!!!! I paid $150 for the Daystar kit..:sad:

~
Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey, your Jeep looks great! It's nice to see a more mild lift. Personally I think 33's are big enough. I won't be lifting mine (probably just a 3/4" leveling spacer in the front), but if I were, that's what I would want it to look like. Where are those pics taken? Reminds me of some trails in east San Diego County.

Quick Reply: Daystar 1.75" Lift w/33's - Picture