Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

David vs Goliath

Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So doe's it flex? I bet that rig would float on a pond.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that thing is crazy big!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I bet it would float too! i have seen some monster trucks do it!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Nice, Can you get those wheels with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern and how much backspacing would you need to minimize rubbing?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome rig. Thanks for sharing I've never seen anything like that before!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anything done to the Windsor, what's it out of? I love that engine family. Sick custom build

Makes the JK look like a matchbox Jeep
Old 01-21-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rballman
holy crap that is huge arent you just running over all the crops with it?
It's a wheat field that I'm in and it doesn't really cause much damage when it's still in the tilering stage of growth. After it gets into the jointing stage anymore sprays that go on are done by airplane. And with a grass crop we can drive on them till about a month before harvest and not cause too much damage.

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
GrassSeed JK... hmmmm, are you a sod farmer? Great looking rig, the both of them! Does this mean you can write off your JK as a business expense??? "Sprayer Extracter" HMMMMM!?!?!?
Nope we raise and harvest for the seed only. What it's not farm equipment already?!? I came home with the JK after an AG show last year!

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Take the limiting straps off swap out the airbags for some coilovers and it'll flex! Other farmers have asked where we came up with the build design from... answer: 4x4 magazines Haven't had it on the water but I'm sure it will float.

Originally Posted by Snap-Off
Anything done to the Windsor, what's it out of? I love that engine family. Sick custom build

Makes the JK look like a matchbox Jeep
We had the engine built by a shop back east. The parts on that I can think of right off are: Edelrbrock 750cfm, performer intake, roush 200 heads, 4x4 extreme cam, forged pistons, accel distributor. I think the bottom end was still standard issue type parts.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Super Freak

that's crazy Grass. I guess having a mud type tire on that rig would defeat the "soft footprint" necessity right? It would just rut up everything I guess.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
that's crazy Grass. I guess having a mud type tire on that rig would defeat the "soft footprint" necessity right? It would just rut up everything I guess.
I'm not joking when I say this. We were thinking about running dual 49" Irocks on all 4 corners! Thoughts of going that way were lighter weight (66x44 w/wheel weigh 700+lbs each) and they might have given us almost the same foot print when aired way down. Just weren't sure enough how much foot print we would get with the Irocks to try it.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GrassSeed JK
I'm not joking when I say this. We were thinking about running dual 49" Irocks on all 4 corners! Thoughts of going that way were lighter weight (66x44 w/wheel weigh 700+lbs each) and they might have given us almost the same foot print when aired way down. Just weren't sure enough how much foot print we would get with the Irocks to try it.
Well then I was right in thinking you're not out to rut up the crop with some kind of mud tires. Back in the mid 1900s in the swampy south the oil research teams had these old trucks with triple or quadruple tractor tires on these huge 4x4 trucks, go anywhere setups. I'll have to find some pictures. That's one awesome rig you guys built, freaking way cool!

Quick Reply: David vs Goliath