Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dash trim modification! Cheap!

Old 05-17-2007, 01:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dash trim modification! Cheap!

Using Dupli-color "HVP-103" (silver) vinyl and fabric coating ($5.99 at local parts store) I painted the bezels of the vent. I will put the simple instructions in the write-ups. It looks incredible, like the show-Jeeps. I am thinking of doing the shift bezel next!

Last edited by armycop; 05-17-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looks good!

That really looks good. I have the silver dash kit, so it might not look as good on mine. I once did the whole interior of a Bronco II with black plastic paint. The Bronco had red interior, and I wanted it to be black. Surprisingly, the plastic paint was really durable.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. Will most likely do this.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Kyrlon Fusion for plastic is a good paint as well...

I repainted my TJ dash black, it still holding up 3 years later..

Nice modification.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

looks great, I was waiting for some type of trim to come out, but I do it myself.

Will that hold up?
Old 05-17-2007, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

hey man looks like you have the basic dash kit like me. I was thinking about pulling the gagues and painting them silver too. That looks really good. did those things just pop off?
Old 05-17-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
hey man looks like you have the basic dash kit like me. I was thinking about pulling the gagues and painting them silver too. That looks really good. did those things just pop off?
Yeah, you just turn the vent and then it slides out. Then you can remove the bezel.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I was thinking of EXACTLY doing this.

The shift bevel would look cool too.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
JK Jedi

Default Warning shift bezel fragile!

I decided to finish the job. Pulling the shift knob off was easy, pulling the boot/bezel out was easy. Separating the inner piece and top piece is impossible without breaking the plastic rivets holding it together. Then there is no turning back. Looks like industrial strength glue and possibly some self-tapping screws. Will post some pics when I am done.

Drying:

Last edited by armycop; 05-17-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by armycop
I decided to finish the job. Pulling the shift knob off was easy, pulling the boot/bezel out was easy. Separating the inner piece and top piece is impossible without breaking the plastic rivets holding it together. Then there is no turning back. Looks like industrial strength glue and possibly some self-tapping screws. Will post some pics when I am done.
If it doesnt come out right you can always buy the billet bazel to cover up the mistake... you have to drill out the plastice revits to seperate the pieces

Quick Reply: Dash trim modification! Cheap!