Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dash organizer

Old 08-29-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash organizer

Anyone made their own dash organizer? I've seen the daystar and rugged ridge ones but I'm not too impressed. I was thinking of making a little deeper box and having it mount directly over the spot where daystar would install. Thought about using small metal conduit for box perimeter. Any thoughts?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like this?

http://www.vectoroffroad.com/jke-doc...3bc2glaosjp8r1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	edock2.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	203981   Click image for larger version

Name:	edock1.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	203982   Click image for larger version

Name:	edock5.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	203983  
Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe just without the long cross brace in front of the windshield. That could work though.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

That's cool! I can see all sorts of modifications to that design. The mod I would make would be to add a removable shelf to the passenger side for a small laptop. I wonder how that shelf over the dashboard would affect the GPS/SAT radio reception. Isn't the GPS/SAT antenna in the cap on top of the MyGIG?

Still...that's pretty cool. You could also add a bracket for a radar detector mount if you wanted one.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepguy553
That's cool! I can see all sorts of modifications to that design. The mod I would make would be to add a removable shelf to the passenger side for a small laptop. I wonder how that shelf over the dashboard would affect the GPS/SAT radio reception. Isn't the GPS/SAT antenna in the cap on top of the MyGIG?

Still...that's pretty cool. You could also add a bracket for a radar detector mount if you wanted one.
something on top of the mygig will only mess with your compass in the dash cluster under your MPH. the GPA/SAT antenna for mine is located on the passenger side on top of the roll bar under all the cloth that covers the roll bar.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do you recallibrate your compass? Asking cause it sounds like you know what your talking about. Mine says I'm driving nw when I'm headed east.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Mat
JK Newbie

Don't do that... the reason why none of the commercial dash organizers have nothing on the passenger side is because the air bag is under there.

If there is a laptop and the airbag comes out, by accident or in a real situation, it will send whatever is there flying like a deadly projectile!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Mat
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad

this is cool... I have the Rugged Ridge but I found it was not going far enough... the cool thing with the round bar is you can put almost anything on there with the help of a tubular bracket. I don't find it deep enough tough.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mat
Don't do that... the reason why none of the commercial dash organizers have nothing on the passenger side is because the air bag is under there.

If there is a laptop and the airbag comes out, by accident or in a real situation, it will send whatever is there flying like a deadly projectile!
Oh yeah. forgot about that thing. That could be really bad for someone in the front passenger seat. Thanks for the reality check...
Old 09-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Mat
JK Newbie

Oh yeah. forgot about that thing. That could be really bad for someone in the front passenger seat. Thanks for the reality check...
pleasure. pass the word...

Quick Reply: Dash organizer