Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Darnell Creek, NC

Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nclehmann
My wife and I have a cabin near Glendale Springs, NC, just a stone's throw from the Blue Ridge Parkway. We recently discovered Darnell Creek and the trails surrounding the area. Darnell Creek is roughly 7-miles long and is a public trout stream that's about a mile down the mountain from our cabin. It has trails, crossings and tons of off-road obstacles, but just splashing in the stream is a blast. My 3-year old loved it!

Here are some pics from last weekend. We're going again the following weekend. The difference will be that I'll have my lift and 35s on then!

Enjoy!
I live in Asheville, but not sure where these trails are. Can you give a few more details? Looks like a great day trip for the family if it is not too far.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WNCJEEP
I have a trip planned for Corolla in September and was hoping to maybe meet up with some "local" Jk's that could show us the trails there. I know my wife and daughter would love to see the wild horses, just not sure where they hang out and there are quite a few trails off the beach from what I've heard.
Just give me about a weeks notice and me and my gf and or kids will come out and meet you.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Default NC offroading

please IM/Email if your guys from raleigh area head to any NC venues - Carolina Beach, Corova, Hatteras, Telico, URE or local unsanctioned trails! always looking for others to jeep with - thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	19727.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	63828

Name:	3961.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	63829

Name:	beach ride photo..jpg
Views:	336
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	63830

Name:	19728.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	63831
Old 04-29-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
There's a story here, isn't there?

I'd love to go wheeling around Raleigh - I haven't found any place to go really nearby (within 30 minutes), so we go to OBX, URE and this place out in the mountains. I haven't been to Tellico yet, but have been told it's a great place to ride.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

This place looks great and seems close enough to Boone, sent you a pm about it.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Default LOL - I was trying to save on GAS?

Rumor is there's this guy who thought he had his cold air intake boxed in, so he proceeded to hit the water logged "backroads" in Carova (north of Corolla, NC) at 20+ MPH. heard he had a great time until he hydrolocked his motor and ruined his week stay in Carova Beach.

[QUOTE=nclehmann;1673144]There's a story here, isn't there?
Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=69thunderbird;1673430]Rumor is there's this guy who thought he had his cold air intake boxed in, so he proceeded to hit the water logged "backroads" in Carova (north of Corolla, NC) at 20+ MPH. heard he had a great time until he hydrolocked his motor and ruined his week stay in Carova Beach.

Wow that is a story. I put the front end of my former Hummer into a deep whole on those dune roads back there up to the hood and thought I did the same thing. Ripped off the front tag it hit it so hard.

Gotta love that area though.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd love to go wheeling around Raleigh - I haven't found any place to go really nearby (within 30 minutes), so we go to OBX, URE and this place out in the mountains. I haven't been to Tellico yet, but have been told it's a great place to ride.
Tellico has been closed. It used to be my favorite place to wheel, every Jeep I've owned has made it up Guardrail without assistance, but now my JK will not be able to have that honor. It was closed for well founded environmental reasons. Sadly, the forest service tried to curb it but as in most places the sins of a few are paid for by the many (especially becuase of the ATV and motorcycles going around baracades).
Old 05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Default Tellico

I heard Tellico has been closed for 2 years - but then someone else told me some of the trails are open - can anyone confirm stories?

Originally Posted by WNCJEEP
Tellico has been closed. It used to be my favorite place to wheel, every Jeep I've owned has made it up Guardrail without assistance, but now my JK will not be able to have that honor. It was closed for well founded environmental reasons. Sadly, the forest service tried to curb it but as in most places the sins of a few are paid for by the many (especially becuase of the ATV and motorcycles going around baracades).
Old 05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 69thunderbird
I heard Tellico has been closed for 2 years - but then someone else told me some of the trails are open - can anyone confirm stories?
Tellico had the worst trails close two years ago, then a moratorium, then it finally closed for the indefinite future last year.

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/press/t...ws_release.pdf

Quick Reply: Darnell Creek, NC