Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Darnell Creek, NC

Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darnell Creek, NC

My wife and I have a cabin near Glendale Springs, NC, just a stone's throw from the Blue Ridge Parkway. We recently discovered Darnell Creek and the trails surrounding the area. Darnell Creek is roughly 7-miles long and is a public trout stream that's about a mile down the mountain from our cabin. It has trails, crossings and tons of off-road obstacles, but just splashing in the stream is a blast. My 3-year old loved it!

Here are some pics from last weekend. We're going again the following weekend. The difference will be that I'll have my lift and 35s on then!

Enjoy!

Old 04-28-2010, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks like an awesome place to explore. great pics.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks awesome! You should join us for a trip to uwharrie sometime. I also would like to take a ride out to OBX. I think it would be a great outing w/ the kids. Post some pics of the lift and tires once its done. If I have a chance I will stop by the shop tomorrow and see the lift. Enjoy!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm dropping the Jeep off around 9am and picking it up around 5pm - maybe I'll see you there. I'll post some poser pics once it's done and some trail pics this coming weekend.

We've been to URE a dozen or so times. We tent camp on the lower circle lots 18 & 19, right on the water, near the restrooms. I've done most of the light trails when dry - I won't touch Daniels or any of them when they're muddy. I've seen too many good Jeeps go down and value mine too much to destroy it like that.

OBX is awesome too. We camp at Frisco Woods in Hatteras - a buddy of mine and his family owns the camp and lets us stay right on the water. His tent campsites have power and water and the restrooms are clean. It's a 5-minute drive to the Ocracoke ferry. They've disallowed vehicle access to many of the beaches on OBX - some environmental bull$hit - so it's sometimes difficult to find one that you can drive on, but there are still a few. Some idiot accidentally stepped on a bird egg and the government shuts down all the east coast beaches - go figure.

My wife and I are 37 and have a 3-year old girl. We love camping and outdoor stuff, so you guys are more than welcome to join us on any of our outings. OK, I'll stop. This is starting to sound like a dating ad.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice place ride.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nclehmann
I'm dropping the Jeep off around 9am and picking it up around 5pm - maybe I'll see you there. I'll post some poser pics once it's done and some trail pics this coming weekend.

We've been to URE a dozen or so times. We tent camp on the lower circle lots 18 & 19, right on the water, near the restrooms. I've done most of the light trails when dry - I won't touch Daniels or any of them when they're muddy. I've seen too many good Jeeps go down and value mine too much to destroy it like that.

OBX is awesome too. We camp at Frisco Woods in Hatteras - a buddy of mine and his family owns the camp and lets us stay right on the water. His tent campsites have power and water and the restrooms are clean. It's a 5-minute drive to the Ocracoke ferry. They've disallowed vehicle access to many of the beaches on OBX - some environmental bull$hit - so it's sometimes difficult to find one that you can drive on, but there are still a few. Some idiot accidentally stepped on a bird egg and the government shuts down all the east coast beaches - go figure.

My wife and I are 37 and have a 3-year old girl. We love camping and outdoor stuff, so you guys are more than welcome to join us on any of our outings. OK, I'll stop. This is starting to sound like a dating ad.

That and some asshats on 4 wheelers breaking the wild horses legs and leaving em for dead, so they have to be put down by the wildlife folks.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sukemecuke
That and some asshats on 4 wheelers breaking the wild horses legs and leaving em for dead, so they have to be put down by the wildlife folks.
I'd forgotten about the horses in Corolla (I think). I didn't think all the horses died - still doesn't make it right though. I was thinking of the bird migration patterns the year before. I guess it's always something.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

nice pics. looks like a fun place to ride
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nclehmann
I'd forgotten about the horses in Corolla (I think). I didn't think all the horses died - still doesn't make it right though. I was thinking of the bird migration patterns the year before. I guess it's always something.
I go to Corolla all the time, the horses are still there and you can still drive on the beach. The aholes who hurt the horses should get what they deserve.

I always up for OBX meets I live an hour from Corolla.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Obx

Originally Posted by G DIESEL
I go to Corolla all the time, the horses are still there and you can still drive on the beach. The aholes who hurt the horses should get what they deserve.

I always up for OBX meets I live an hour from Corolla.
I have a trip planned for Corolla in September and was hoping to maybe meet up with some "local" Jk's that could show us the trails there. I know my wife and daughter would love to see the wild horses, just not sure where they hang out and there are quite a few trails off the beach from what I've heard.

Quick Reply: Darnell Creek, NC