Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

DANGEROUS PROCOMP WHEELs

Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DANGEROUS PROCOMP WHEELs

TODAY DURING MY TRAIL ONE OF MY WHEELS WAS BROKEN !!!!!! I JUST WANT TO SHARE THIS PICTURES IN ORDER TO PREVENT YOU ABOUT WHAT YOU BUY
SURE, TOMORROW I WILL BE CHANGING MY WHEELS FOR A REAL ONES

Last edited by the flying dildo; 08-10-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Did you hit a huge sharp rock or something?

Glad it went thru and thru on the trail letting out the air, instead of failing on your drive home. That could have been bad.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcan

Glad it went thru and thru on the trail letting out the air, instead of failing on your drive home. That could have been bad.
I DID NOT HIT SOMETHING DIFFERENT AS USUALLY HAPPENS
Old 08-10-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are a lot of deep scratches on the wheel in the general area of the damage.. looks to me like something got wedged in there and when the wheel spun around to the area of the caliper it got wedged. and the caliper won.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can destroy anything if you whell it hard enough, don't blame procomp. You gotta realize if your gonna take your rig on the trail your gonna probably f87k! something up. Deal with it and move on. Whether you wheel it hard or light, it's on the trail, I'd only bitch about something like that if it happened while driving down the highway.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by racer83l
there are a lot of deep scratches on the wheel in the general area of the damage.. looks to me like something got wedged in there and when the wheel spun around to the area of the caliper it got wedged. and the caliper won.
I agree with racer here, but of course anything can occur when your wheeling offroad - there is just so much varied debris offroad, you really can't point a finger at a wheel manufacturer from one damaged wheel. I haven't heard much in terms of broken Pro Comp wheels so maybe it was just a freak mishap. Hope you find a wheel that makes you feel confident in them once again!
Old 08-10-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

May just be a lemon, Pro Comp has been well known to make pretty good products! I have really seen an instances of this happening before! By the way nice name! Hahahaha.....
Old 08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did you make sure your caliper bolts are still in? I had one of the bolts back out on my old ranger and it put a grove in the wheel until it punctured the wheel.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by quicktsi
Did you make sure your caliper bolts are still in? I had one of the bolts back out on my old ranger and it put a grove in the wheel until it punctured the wheel.
I put with my hand on the basket
Old 08-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Fallen Hero

Originally Posted by mmcan

I agree^^^^

Maybe we can have a judge, jury and verdict on this? We will need :

A mod for a judge,
A pro Comp defense attorney
complaitive
Jurres forum members
and a verdict

Quick Reply: DANGEROUS PROCOMP WHEELs