Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dana 60's fr- losing turn radius?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I agree. I have the Currie Rock Jocks and it does not seem like the truning radius has increased at all compared to stock.
x2 on that I don't think I have lost turning radius, on top of that the extra back spacing on my wheel might have helped
Old 08-10-2009, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chilidipper
... Are these overkill for a guy that is planning to run hard and hit some difficult trails with moderate rock crawling
Everyone has missed part 2 of your question.
In a word, yes. Your JK is quite capable of most trails with a lift, gears and lockers.
60's are for large tires and the most extreme trails where axle breakage is very likely. A set of 44's with the right gear combo and a light right foot will do the vast majority of trails just fine and last forever. The front D30 (looks like you have a non-rubi) will also stand quite a bit of abuse.

My advice is to wheel it, build it, wheel it some more. If you break it, fix it and repeat.
If you find yourself breaking shafts, upgrade. If not, spend your money on the limitless amount of other Jeep crap to make your ride more enjoyable.

Now, if you have deep pockets and price is no object, of course go with the 60's.
But if we are honest, most of us are just not going to NEED 60's.

I still WANT 60s though...
Old 08-16-2009, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chris_CH
x2 on that I don't think I have lost turning radius, on top of that the extra back spacing on my wheel might have helped
What kind of back spacing are you running? Could you have gone with more with out rubbing?
Old 08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

if turning radius is an issue off road, and & isn't a huge deal go with a atlas, or sTak transfercase so u could do front digs

Quick Reply: Dana 60's fr- losing turn radius?