Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dana 60's fr- losing turn radius?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuka
Its not the axle type, its the axle width. As you go with wider axles, your turning radius will change. It also depends on where the turn stops are adjusted too. The rear axle width has a greater effect than the front. If the front axle is narrower than the rear, you will be able to turn tighter. If its wider, you will be able to turn less.
Ya! Your right as we all know. But if you go with 60's You do not have a choice. The pumpkin on the 60 will not allow you to go narrower than they all provide and still retain the bracketry. It is what it is. Full widths. Just ask Currie, Dynatrac. Teraflex on the other hand is awful quiet so who knows what they have up their sleeve.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKDinker
Ya! Your right as we all know. But if you go with 60's You do not have a choice. The pumpkin on the 60 will not allow you to go narrower than they all provide and still retain the bracketry. It is what it is. Full widths. Just ask Currie, Dynatrac. Teraflex on the other hand is awful quiet so who knows what they have up their sleeve.
Yeah I know, nature of the beast and all that Just figured I would put it out there that other axles can do it, and its not a design issue with the D60 knuckle or the like. Also correct what I said above. As I had down that a wider rear axle will make you turn sharper, which is actually the exact opposite of what I meant
Old 07-31-2009, 06:19 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/spy-shots-teraflex-front-dana-60-a-96020/
Old 08-02-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

I'm just wondering why you are worried about turning radius when you're going to a D60??
Old 08-02-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

We have this crazy tendency to turn the steering wheel in CA and aim for big rocks or policticians :-)
Old 08-02-2009, 11:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I'm just wondering why you are worried about turning radius when you're going to a D60??
Some trails are tighter than snot. Ever run Black Bear outside of Ouray/Telluride, Colorado? Switchbacks that re-define the word; and with dropoffs that will make your passengers suck your seatcovers up their asses. A smaller turning radius is better than a larger one. But then not breaking is good too so there are tradeoffs.

I know somebody with an LJ with Dynatrac 60's in it that turns tighter with the 60's than it did with the stock 30. I need to pick his brain and see what they did.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by chuck45
Some trails are tighter than snot. Ever run Black Bear outside of Ouray/Telluride, Colorado? Switchbacks that re-define the word; and with dropoffs that will make your passengers suck your seatcovers up their asses. A smaller turning radius is better than a larger one. But then not breaking is good too so there are tradeoffs.

I know somebody with an LJ with Dynatrac 60's in it that turns tighter with the 60's than it did with the stock 30. I need to pick his brain and see what they did.
Id be interested in what you find out. And your so right some trails are just wicked tight.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

I personally do not think I have lost any turn radius with my 60's. It turns on a dime on and off-road...
Old 08-09-2009, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Woody99
I personally do not think I have lost any turn radius with my 60's. It turns on a dime on and off-road...
I agree. I have the Currie Rock Jocks and it does not seem like the truning radius has increased at all compared to stock.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck45

Just add rear steer!

Quick Reply: Dana 60's fr- losing turn radius?