Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dana 60 builds

Old 04-05-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can ask any competent tech on it. I just had some work done because a unit bearing went out. The tone ring was screwed up and kept activated the ABS/ESP system. So I had the service tech disconnnect that sensor until they where able to get the parts so I could drive around. The speedo comes from the tranny, not the axles. Thats why we have to reprogram for tire size. If the speedo came from the wheel sensors you would not have to reprogram at all.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cyberbrain
you can ask any competent tech on it. I just had some work done because a unit bearing went out. The tone ring was screwed up and kept activated the ABS/ESP system. So I had the service tech disconnnect that sensor until they where able to get the parts so I could drive around. The speedo comes from the tranny, not the axles. Thats why we have to reprogram for tire size. If the speedo came from the wheel sensors you would not have to reprogram at all.
that's very nice to know, and that you have done it is even better. So will I have to deactivate the ESP for it run without the tone rings plugged in, or will I just have a light on the dash. If everthing works out I will just turbo the 3.8
Old 04-05-2009, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

i dont have my brakes or ebrake connected, yet but i did throw in a new battery. and i put it in 4 low and to keep my speed down i left it in 1st. i turned on the key and fired up just the same, i did notice esp and bas lights on. no check engine light on and it was running fine. so i backed it out of the drive way and even as slow as i was going about walking speed, and the speedo was moving up to about 2-3 mph or bouncing around. remember i didnt want to get any sort of speed without brakes. but from what i see it runs and drives fine and the speedo looks like it fine as well.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the verification. I'm kind of planning a trip back to my parents house this spring and I'll start a search for a pasture 60. Of course, I am in the middle of finishing up my 30/44 build, but I guess having something in the garage I can work on little by little is a good thing anyway!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

you will throw ABS and ESP/BAS lights. and your ABS will be non functional, but you will have standard brakes, just no ABS
Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

so let me get this straight. the jeep will not drive with censors unplugged? we will have to turn off esp every time we want to drive on the street? speedo will still work with a dana 60 or 70?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

the sensors are only for ABS functionallity and ESP systems. without these sensors your jeep will drive normally. You just wont have use of those systems.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

great news
Old 04-06-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rancid
i also am doing a d70 hdfrom a 80,s dodge and a d60 reverse rotation front from a 91 ford f-350 and i want to keep my stock speedometer. im hoping i can adapt whats on my old axles to my new axles. has anybody found out what axle and where the speedometer sensor is. my build has been a little easier since i didnt have to fab on factory jeep brackets, since i used leafs.

that is one sweet lookin rig
Old 04-11-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

i did not know that but im sure if ur running dana 60s on leaf springs ud have the eps disabled so its worth a shot

Quick Reply: Dana 60 builds