Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Czech 1 Gallon Fuel Can

Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Czech 1 Gallon Fuel Can

I received a new catalog from CheaperThanDirt a couple of days ago. They have Czech 1 Gallon Fuel Cans that look interesting. Has anyone used these? I am thinking about getting a couple to mount to the Jeep. Obviously they don't hold a lot of fuel. I am concerned about the weight of mounting standard jerry cans to my nearly stock jeep.

Any thoughts or experience with these?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
JK Junkie

Is it this?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA075-1.html

Last edited by toad; 01-08-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Please no clickable links to non-sponsors. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is the one.

Last edited by toad; 01-08-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is cool. doesn't take up much space. If you are concerned with the weight though, just don't fill up the 5 gal cans full. So this way you will always have the right container in case you do decide to carry max fuel. Besides, you'll start getting more performance parts anyway. The 5 gal cans are not much more than that 1 gal tank
Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Hmm, those are neat.
I already have a couple of 5 gal cans on my carrier, but I'm trying to think of a reason I need to order 2 of those just cuz I like 'em!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick
I received a new catalog from CheaperThanDirt a couple of days ago. They have Czech 1 Gallon Fuel Cans that look interesting. Has anyone used these? I am thinking about getting a couple to mount to the Jeep. Obviously they don't hold a lot of fuel. I am concerned about the weight of mounting standard jerry cans to my nearly stock jeep.

Any thoughts or experience with these?
it is bigger than 1 gallon, 5 liter is slightly more....
Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

It does have a rugged look. Goes with the Jeep.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sclan
That is cool. doesn't take up much space. If you are concerned with the weight though, just don't fill up the 5 gal cans full. So this way you will always have the right container in case you do decide to carry max fuel. Besides, you'll start getting more performance parts anyway. The 5 gal cans are not much more than that 1 gal tank
I always thought 5gal was more than 1gal
Old 01-09-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are those used?

i read the reviews and people said they smelled like oil and they had surface rust and were a little rough on the outside those little guys can only get you so far when we're all gettin' ~15 mpg some of us less
Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robin
I always thought 5gal was more than 1gal
whoops...my fault for not being more specific.

Sorry, you were confused and didn't infer I was talking about the price. I had gone to the website the op referenced and priced the 5 gal vs. the 1 gal that he was inquiring about. You are correct, volume capacity of a 5 gal container is more than that of a 1 gal container. Can you calculate how much?

Btw, if you went back and read my post again, imagine for a sec that I was talking about capacity, it would still state that 5 gal is more than 1 gal.

I'm just teasing you. I should have been more specific.

Quick Reply: Czech 1 Gallon Fuel Can