Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

CV-Joint axle shafts installed + HD Tie Rod + Outer Tube Seals

Old 07-21-2009, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is more of a write-up than a show-off. That's really awesome! You're the first one on here that I've seen with these shafts and I guarantee you won't be the last! They are sweet!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
This is more of a write-up than a show-off. That's really awesome! You're the first one on here that I've seen with these shafts and I guarantee you won't be the last! They are sweet!
I guess you could, maybe, see it as a "write-up," but I think it is much more of a story and "showing it off." I purposely left off such info as wrench sizes and torque settings.

I might be the first to have photo proof of these shafts installed, but I know someone else on here received his a day or two before me (I'm probably just faster on the upload.)

They are pretty sweet.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi

looks great! I know the yota guys love those things. I look forward to hearing how they do on the JK! I bet you will never have an issue.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice, I installed my RCV Performance/Longfield axles on Saturday but we just re-used the plastic seal. I may have to look into the Evolution solution.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/just-ordered-my-longfield-super-axles-today-93337/

Old 07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Very nice, I installed my RCV Performance/Longfield axles on Saturday but we just re-used the plastic seal. I may have to look into the Evolution solution.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93337
Those look great! And, yes, there is the thread for JPTwinz.

So far, so good, with mine . . . going to go wheelin' this weekend . . . so, I guess we'll see how they hold up.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:48 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

sweet!! nice shafts and nice write-up. them cv's are super strong and i seriously doubt they'll break for anything. now all you gotta do is hope they never break at the shaft like my chromo shaft did. of course, that break ended up ruining my whole axle.

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-21-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SoCal_JK_2dr, I will be getting some similar axle seals soon since the OEM plastic disks are a JOKE! The slightest amount of water will definitely make its way down the axle tube.

I was wondering if the axle, with the boot already instaled, would fit through the hole in the steering kuckle? When I installed my CV axles the passenger side boot was seperated from the axle so we inserted the boot first into the tube and then slid the axle shaft through the steering knuckle. But now that everything is installed, I essentialy have to remove them and re-install it to get the axle seals in there. I can't remember if the diameter of the knuckle hole is larger enough to slide the axle + boot through. I know I can remove the knuckle like you did but if I can get around that step then all the better.

Quick Reply: CV-Joint axle shafts installed + HD Tie Rod + Outer Tube Seals