Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Cut my hartop to make it a Safari Hardtop today

Old 05-31-2009, 10:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut my hartop to make it a Safari Hardtop today

So when I rolled my Jeep about a month ago in Moab I had my hardtop on and the back half of it was pretty much ruined and when Joe from Teraflex pointed out the thread of someone chopping their top so I decided to do the same to my top too.

I decided to do a few things different on mine. I noticed there was a gap between the roll bar and the top if you just make a straight cut so i extended the top back about 10 inches to get a bit more coverage. I also put some rubber weather molding on the edge to give it a more finished look. I then painted it with spray bedliner. I only snapped a few pics on my phone so I will try to get some better ones tomorrow.

The two side supports are pretty flimsy but when the top is on it gets strengthened up a lot. Even with the doors open its pretty solid. I think i wont need to add to much to support it.

Added some more pics. Thanks for all the comments!

Last edited by RubyRed44; 06-01-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:18 PM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Sick. Someday I hope to benefit from some ones misfortune and find a damaged hardtop I can do this to.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 AM
JK Jedi

Nice job salvaging it!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 AM
JK Newbie

Agree, looks good!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 AM
JK Super Freak

That looks good. Nice tail addition.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Very creative!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

turning lemons into lemonaide
Old 06-01-2009, 04:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You so remind me of this joke. Great job

It involves two twin girls of six. Worried that the girls developed extreme personalities - one was a total pessimist, the other a total optimist - their parents took them to a psychiatrist.

First the psychiatrist treated the pessimist. Trying to brighten her outlook, the psychiatrist took her to a room piled to the ceiling with brand-new toys. But instead of yelping with delight, the little girl burst into tears. "What's the matter?" the psychiatrist asked baffled, “Don't you want to play with any of the toys?" “Yes," the little girl said, "but if I did I'd only break them."

Next the psychiatrist treated the optimist. Trying to dampen her outlook, the psychiatrist took her to a room piled to the ceiling with horse manure. But instead of wrinkling her nose in disgust, the optimist emitted just the yelp of delight the psychiatrist had been hoping to hear from her sister, the pessimist. Then she clambered to the top of the pile, dropped to her knees, and began gleefully digging out scoop after scoop with her bare hands. "What do you think you are doing?" the psychiatrist asked, just as baffled by the optimist as she had been with the pessimist. "With all this manure," the little girl replied, beaming, "there must be a pony in here somewhere!"
Old 06-01-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Cutting the fenders is one thing, its hardcore to cut the roof!

Good job salvaging. I would have found a trash pile if it were mine
Old 06-01-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like that. they should offer that as an option for a hard top.

Quick Reply: Cut my hartop to make it a Safari Hardtop today