Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom Tire Carrier, Your Opinion Please

Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trail master
JKJason,

Here are some photos of our OR-FAB JK Tire Can/Carrier with KM2 37" tires with two 5 gallon Jerry cans full of fuel at the Rubicon Trail. The most recent
trips where to the Rubicon Trail which we did twice in three week time period this month.

We have not experienced any problems with any fatiguing in the material or rattling.

I'm not sure how much your tire and rim weighs but our max load is 175-200 lbs. I would be more than happy to talk to you and see if we can help.
The other nice feature about our OR-FAB Tire/can carrier is you can run any rear bumper you want. Check out some of OR-FAB products.

I hope this has been some help.

Happy Trails,

Steve
That is sick!! Or Fab rocks!!!!

I am ready to see the OR fab rear stinger!!

Red
Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
That is sick!! Or Fab rocks!!!!

I am ready to see the OR fab rear stinger!!

Red
Hey Red,

You've put this on our project list single-handedly. I will tell you that it will take some time before you see a proto-type because we have several projects ahead of this one.

Thanks for helping us "keep our eyes on the ball"... oops I meant project.

Yates
Old 10-03-2009, 01:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice rig.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

at the risk of sidetracking this thread, would your stinger design include can carriers?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jmontgomery
Very nice rig.

yeah, that thing is beast. very nice indeed.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah, i have an Bull dog fab bumper that was made for an extremely wide/heavy tire (which i dont have yet) so it is a real pain in the ass to close and i think that is because the tire sticks really far out, and really doesnt look so good either. (guess ill cut it back later on down the road) I also think that i might have problems with the hinge if i dont cut it.

Just giving you something to think about.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

haha, my last post was supposed to go on the first page. I was talking about the design of the bumper.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You also have to take into account whether or not the jeep will be wheeled. If you plan on taking it out I would be very sketch about having a large tire with jerry cans hanging that far out away from the bumper and hitting bumps and bouncing. I feel that would be way too much stress and you will be very lucky if that thing doesnt break off... and if it does I hope it does it where there are no cars. If you do decide to do something like this you will want to secure it from the top as well. Just a simple opinion from an engineer.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would go with the OR FAB ONE. It is incredible. I went with the bestop tire carrier because I just want to open one door on the rear. I am a photographer and in and out of the back all the time so I need the quick access to a locked compartment. I had gas cans on my TJ and miss them.

I have also built several bumpers and found it is usually best to find the closest theing and then call them to fine tune. Most companies are happy to help.

Most self fabbed bumpers have severe rust issues over time... not saying don't do it, I fabbed most of the parts on my Jeep, I am just saying there isn't much worse tha a horribly rusty bumper on a jeep!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply: Custom Tire Carrier, Your Opinion Please