Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom stubby bumper

Old 06-08-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I decided to make my own bumper. Since I have access to a waterjet, welding, bending and powdercoat, I figured I would save quit a bit of money.

Cutting, bending and powdercoat won't cost me anything since I can do it at work, and welding will cost me a couple cases of beer for a co worker.

I will be using 3/16 mild steel for everything. I have already cut the d ring mounts, and have been welded. just need to powdercoat. They are made of 3/4" plate for the ears, and 1/2" plate for the mount. All cut on waterjet and tig welded.

I started by removing the stock bumper, air dam, and upper gap guard.

Then using cardboard I cut out my pieces to see how it would look. I changed the design twice and I finally got what I wanted.

I will post pictures of the finished product, and also pics of bending, welding and such. Stay tuned!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2407104062.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	465983

Last edited by ChesterJFK; 06-08-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Pictures or it never happened!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I hit the send early on my phone! I will update with pics as I go!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Custom stubby bumper