Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom Seat Covers for my School Bus

Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Seat Covers for my School Bus

Wet Okole will work with you make non-standard seat covers. They usually do color inserts with black outer-edging. If you go to their store in Costa Mesa, plead with them what you want them to make, in my case all green seats with black piping, and pay them in advance, they'll do it. They'd rather have your money than protect you from your own bad taste!! Good luck with YOUR cool one-off project. Cool or crazy...

Don't worry, he can't reach the pedals.

The back row had impressions from the car seats. If left out for a few days, the seat cover goes back to normal.

The green wasn't as dark as I'd like (the green vinyl in my school busses was pretty dark) so I went with the black piping. It really helps blend it in and break it up.

The backs of the front seats have pockets for my kids' hats, juice, melted chocolate...

Overall, I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Really bussy.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seat covers look great, but the color combo, wow! To each his own....
Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

how do the wet okole seat covers not mess up the original seat? I know they are neoprene, and every one I talk to says it will mess up the factory seats.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Cute kid you have.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyberbrain
how do the wet okole seat covers not mess up the original seat? I know they are neoprene, and every one I talk to says it will mess up the factory seats.
I can't imagine how they could mess up the seats. This is the third car, ahem, vehicle I've gotten them for and they've all worked really well. My first car is a 1997 Z3. It's had the seat covers for about 7 years. They've worn a little on the outside edge of the driver's seat, but not all the way through. And they've faded a bit, but I expect that as the top is mostly down. Even after 7 years, I don't feel the need to replace them yet and they've done nothing but protect the original seats which are leather. I also have them in all three rows of our 2004 Sienna minivan. For that car, I got the seat covers as soon as I got the van. They still look like new as they're not exposed to the sun like in the convertible. Recently my wife took the cover off one of the captain's chair in the second row to clean off a particularly nasty spill and the seat underneath looks exactly, exactly like brand new. These seats are cloth.

I guess I wouldn't be a three time customer of their's if I didn't believe with my own eyes the quality and craftsmanship of their work.

Do the people you talk to think neoprene is bad for the seat underneath? Is the neoprene supposed to be bad for leather or cloth in particular? Just wondering about experiences different then mine.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07rube
Cute kid you have.
Thanks! We like him.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

I think I would have liked black a lot more than the green.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NLJK
I think I would have liked black a lot more than the green.
There's already enough black in the interior for me. Besides, I don't remember any school bus being cool enough to have black seats.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

the color choice is weird, but i knew why you did it before i even read. I love the emergency exit stickers.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

What does the dealer say to you when you take it in for service?

They probably think you're crazy......But I love it...

Quick Reply: Custom Seat Covers for my School Bus