Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 11-04-2015 | 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
Yikes the rear doesn't flow well at all.
Originally Posted by akpostal
Yeah doesnt look right.
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes
Yeah.... looks like crap.
I'll have to stop by their booth again and ask them if they plan to bring it to market.
Old 11-04-2015 | 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Subscribed!!! You my friend are a genius!!
Old 11-04-2015 | 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

so build a modular hard top that has 5 removable pieces: 2 freedom panels that go ALL the way back to the rear (rear is sloped), 2 pieces that are the side windows, and 1 piece that is the back window. all must be removable. if all pieces are removed, all you would have left is the frame of the hard top would be killer.

that would be a no brainer and render the softop pretty useless.
Old 11-04-2015 | 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dalearyous
so build a modular hard top that has 5 removable pieces: 2 freedom panels that go ALL the way back to the rear (rear is sloped), 2 pieces that are the side windows, and 1 piece that is the back window. all must be removable. if all pieces are removed, all you would have left is the frame of the hard top would be killer. that would be a no brainer and render the softop pretty useless.
This. I would love to remove doors + just the side windows and back, leaving a long hardtop bikini top.
Old 11-04-2015 | 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shredX
This. I would love to remove doors + just the side windows and back, leaving a long hardtop bikini top.
That's definitely part of the plan, as this animation of some of the possible configurations shows..

Old 11-04-2015 | 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dalearyous
so build a modular hard top that has 5 removable pieces: 2 freedom panels that go ALL the way back to the rear (rear is sloped), 2 pieces that are the side windows, and 1 piece that is the back window. all must be removable. if all pieces are removed, all you would have left is the frame of the hard top would be killer.

that would be a no brainer and render the softop pretty useless.
I don't have any plans to do a fastback version, but the roof and sides can easily come off, I took these photos when I was doing a test fitting a while back. In this photo the roof is off:

In this one the sides are off:

Old 11-04-2015 | 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
Subscribed!!! You my friend are a genius!!
Thank you but no, not a genius, just a guy who has a list of features and capabilities in mind for my perfect hardtop and works very hard to design and build to my list.
Old 11-05-2015 | 03:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jscherb
I'll have to stop by their booth again and ask them if they plan to bring it to market.
Another photo from SEMA, here's an inside photo of the hardtop I showed the other day:

I found out a little more about it - it's actually a Smittybilt product, and the person in the booth told me this was the final version - the molds are done, no more changes. He couldn't tell me the price though, and apparently including it on the Jeep in the booth was a last minute decision, because this is the sign next to the Jeep describing how it's outfitted:

I like my JK Safari Cab design better though, this design just doesn't do it for me .
Old 11-05-2015 | 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Show them your photos of your Hardtop, and they'll cry all the way home.
Old 11-06-2015 | 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Yours is all form and function, the right idea. Theirs is form, and I ma not sure what the purpose of it is.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop