Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 08-11-2015 | 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

So the 2dr is Modular, can have the hard slider sides, for colder weather, and the open Roll-Up sides and rear for Summer. Plus a Sunroof. That I Really Like. !
Old 08-11-2015 | 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
So the 2dr is Modular, can have the hard slider sides, for colder weather, and the open Roll-Up sides and rear for Summer. Plus a Sunroof. That I Really Like. !
Yes, all of those are features of both the JKU and JK 2dr Safari Cab design.
Old 08-11-2015 | 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jscherb
Yes, all of those are features of both the JKU and JK 2dr Safari Cab design.
Do you have any interested vendors for the tops? I sure hope you do and they see the utility, and keep the price reasonable.

Great work.
Old 08-11-2015 | 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Heater
Do you have any interested vendors for the tops? I sure hope you do and they see the utility, and keep the price reasonable.

Great work.
Early in the project, two companies contacted me and expressed interest in manufacturing and marketing the top. I had some preliminary conversations with both, and told them that I wanted to wait until I had a prototype installed on a Jeep before deciding if I wanted the top to go into production. I have not been pursuing any companies since then, for now I'm just focusing on building the top to my standards. At this point I haven't decided if I think it should go into production or not.
Old 08-11-2015 | 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jscherb
Early in the project, two companies contacted me and expressed interest in manufacturing and marketing the top. I had some preliminary conversations with both, and told them that I wanted to wait until I had a prototype installed on a Jeep before deciding if I wanted the top to go into production. I have not been pursuing any companies since then, for now I'm just focusing on building the top to my standards. At this point I haven't decided if I think it should go into production or not.
PLEASE go into production!! I'm in for one for sure.
Old 08-12-2015 | 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ditto. I want on the waitlist too. Looks awesome!
Old 08-13-2015 | 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Today I'm doing the first test-fit of the Safari Cab parts. More photos to come as I make progress.

Old 08-13-2015 | 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

This build is awesome - i'd be pumped if it made it into production. I would love to have something like this on my JKUR.

Last edited by Davep22; 08-19-2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typos
Old 08-13-2015 | 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Some photos with the side panels, rear panel, upper door jambs and drips rails in place. Barn door is just setting on the tailgate for now, it's not bolted on. The drip rail isn't trimmed to height or front length yet.

Overall fit is very good, especially considering all of these parts were made separately and this is the first time they've all been together and all been on a Jeep. Door gaps are to factory spec:

Next I'll do a rough fit of the roof panel.
Old 08-13-2015 | 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

All the parts installed. The roof hasn't been final trimmed yet, so it's about 3/4" taller than it will be when it's done, it's sticking up a bit in the front. It fits perfectly, but I won't do the final trimming until a later stage of assembly when I bond the drip rails to it. Also haven't installed the barn door mounting hardware yet, so it's just setting in place.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop